Saturday, April 13, 2019

Fed Up and Frustrated

Sorry for the rant, but I'm at my wit's end.

Well, here I sit- Exactly 6 months and 7 days after being let go from my position.
I'm fed up- frustrated- and ready to give up.

I've applied for admin jobs similar to what I had at my last place of employment- I've applied for  reception jobs like I was doing at Lockheed-Martin when I was working with American Security.  I've applied for gate reception- at the Waste Treatment plant. I've applied for cleaning jobs. I've applied for House sitting, sitting with the elderly, hospital sitting jobs, jobs entering and logging lab samples at a clinic, fast food joint jobs and even Dog walking/pet sitting jobs.

I'm getting not a heck of a lot in reply-just the occasional phone interview or a recruitment company calling with offers of jobs in London(way too far away and I cant relocate) or offers of jobs I am completely unqualified for. I know that some jobs dont even look at the CVs for 3 or 4 months after advertising it- but surely something would have come thru by now.

I'm frustrated to the point of tears and anxiety attacks. I just dont have a clue as to what to do or what to try next.
I've prayed about it. I spend at least 3 or 4 hours a day on weekdays  scouring the job websites, I've cried, I've thrown temper tantrums raging at why I'm not getting a response to anything. I've tried giving it a rest for a couple days until I'm in a more positive frame of mind.
Nothing is working.

I'm not used to this- I have never been let go from a job before. I've always had another job lined up before I left a job and always been welcomed back to companies I've left because I was a good, hardworking, and loyal employee who didn't leave them in the lurch. And I just dont get why I'm having such a time of it finding a job this time. Unless it has something to do with my age- and I certainly hope it's not that- I have a LOT of good years left and I fully intend on working as long as I can. It would be nice to retire at 67 or whatever the retirement age is now- but I dont see that happening unless I win the lottery- and even then I would work out my notice to my employer if I was employed.

I'm seriously thinking of trying to sell some of my paintings. I mean what's the worst that can happen? I will be in the same position I am at this exact moment- still waiting on a job- and if I did sell one or two- it's a bit of extra money. Better than what I'm making at the moment and worth a try, I suppose. As my sister said earlier today-



Even in her dark hour, she is giving those who need it Hope for a brighter future. Thank you Sissy.

If anyone has any ideas then please - give your advice- I'm open to suggestions!!!!!




No comments: