I'm taking auto, yall.
My dad used to refuse to use the A/C in our cars because he swore it made them use more fuel.
I think it's the exact opposite- I think having the windows down creates drag and the car is less streamlined, therefore THAT combination makes a car less fuel efficient.
Or is it equally so for both?
What say Ye?
(I know I could probably "GIGGLE" the science and get an answer- but I like human interaction.)
4 comments:
There's a Mythbusters episode on this. The answer is both... at slower speeds, windows down is more fuel efficient. At highway speed, air conditioning is more fuel efficient.
Owww...I used to LOVE watching MYTHBUSTERS!! I'm gonna have to look that one up and watch!! Thanks Evan!!!
I have read more than once open windows with their 'drag' uses more fuel than the AC - but it isn't much, not enough to make one greatly better than another. It is moot as it is near 110F around these parts. You would be crazy-mad not to use the AC.
I agree- moot point indeed in July and August!!!
Post a Comment