Sunday, September 06, 2026

It's Done. For Now. I'm Back!

 Well, since my last post I have been crazy super busy.

On Thursday before last our Site Team leader at work walked out mid-shift. It surprised the heck out of everyone because she seemed happy as Larry with her position there. But at 10:30am she came to the office, dropped off her equipment, got in her car and left the site. 

Apparently, she had gone for a job interview that morning and accepted their offer (she was a few minutes late that same morning).

I sat and though on it about an hour and then texted my account manager and told him I could cover Ery's position the following week to give them time to get a replacement hired. I told him it would be a short-term offer because I hadn't had a vaca in almost 3 years and I just wasn't up to a long-term commitment of consecutive double shifts. He thanked me, told me that that was a long time to and asked if I could cover the next morning as well- as it was a Friday I agreed to do it- I had the weekend to recover and prepare for the following weeks doubles. I had a bit of a shortchange on my pay schedule because of the job change- you know they hold a week back and pay you for the it the following week so the additional shifts would put me back on track with my bills.

I wasn't able to keep my schedule as planned, however. Monday and Tuesday I worked the doubles, but I had to call Mike(manager) and asked could I come in a bit late the next Wednesday. He said of course just let the other first shift guy know. So, I went home, crawled in bed after the double and slept until 10am the next morning. I then got up- opened up my laptop and created a couple of forms we need for the new site before heading into the rest of first shift. 

Just working those two days showed me part of the reason why Ery left. The site documentation is nonexistent and that can lead to some serious consequences. I have been told that they have been requesting documentation forms since we took the site over but for some reason it hasn't shown up yet. So, instead of waiting on forms to arrive I took it upon myself to temporarily fix the problem myself. I created two for patrols and two for Parking ...one a citation and the second a log sheet for the citations issued with Date & Time issued, Make/Model/Color of Vehicle, License Plate Details and a space for issuing officers initials. Repeat offenders have a star asterisk by their name and after 3 citations will be subject for towing.  We have a very limited parking area and although we have an overflow parking area, we are still having to park employees on the grassy areas to accommodate everyone. ALL lanes must be kept clear of vehicles in case of emergencies- the week prior to the double shifts we had a medical emergency and the responders couldn't get thru to the area they needed to because of all the vehicles parked on the curbside. The end of this week we had two and the curbsides were free and clear.  We have a very large Hispanic workforce there and in addition to the citations being worded in English- I have added under each line the Spanish translation for them.  Citations do work when they are prepared properly and fairly.

Anyway, so then I went in to work and finished out the week. Friday, Mike the Manager sent us a new officer and James and I had him trained and ready to take over by half shift, so I clocked out, went to the bank, fueled up the car and paid my rent and was back at the site for my normal second shift hours.

 I averaged about 3.5 hours of sleep between end of second and being back on site for first shift except for Wednesday.

Thankfully- that is done for now. I might work the odd double here and there to fill in for officers taking a vaca or needing a random day or two off, but I'm done with that for now.

Normally this weekend I would be decorating my house for Fall, but not this year. Next weekend I'll be staying at my besties house for our normal monthly Girls Weekend, but I'm pretty sure the following weekend I will be autumn-ing it up at Casa De Camelot. It's already smelling like Autumn... I bought a big Cinnamon Broom for the baker's rack in the kitchen. it smells delicious in there!!!!

So until next time(hopefully I'm back on my normal 2-3x a week posting schedule now)

Yall stay safe and enjoy yourselves this Labor Day Weekend!!!! 




1 comment:

Evan 08 said...

My biggest question is why you have so many emergencies...