Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Where Have They All Gone?.........


Paul made a comment a couple of days ago while we were out having a bit of a ride. He asked if I had noticed there were no fireflies(or Lightning Bugs as we call 'em here in the South) anymore.

So the past few nights I've paid particularly close attention and he's right. I haven't seen the first lightnin' bug. Nary a ONE!

Where have they all gone? Have they all flown back to the Mother-ship and headed back to their own solar system?
Is it just here in the south or have they disappeared in your neck of the woods too?

Lord KNOWS the mosquitoes haven't went anywhere....they're still here and in excruciatingly fine form. Doing their little job of just bleeding us dry each and every chance they get.

I just don't understand.......

4 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Some of them have migrated to Wisconsin, although I haven't seen any yet this season. They are a favorite part of my Texas childhood, and I would hate to think that they have departed, like the dolphins in So Long, And Thanks for All the Fish!

Astarte said...

We still have lightening bugs, but there are NO bluejays. Lots of cardinals, but I miss bluejays.

Evan 08 said...

I haven't seen many lightning bugs either.

marie said...

I havent seen many either. Thats so strange. I loved catching them as a kid. Wonder what has happened?