Sunday, October 02, 2016

A Little Hiatus....

Well, I didn't realize, but I've been on quite the little hiatus this past month.

I just couldn't face trying to write anything at all. I have three active blogs and four books and I haven't written a word for any of them in a month. Ive been blogging for over twelve years now and have written on pretty regular basis until this past year. I've noticed a slowing down of my creative juices and an increase of re-posting earlier posts as well.

I've been in a bit of a depressed mood too. My mom's health is failing and I am going home this Thanksgiving instead of next - and I fear this will be the last time we will be together before her health fails her and she leaves this world. It is going to be painful to me to walk away from her when it is time to come home knowing that.
I really wish my husband could come with me and be there to support me, but financially, we had to make a choice. Wait til next year and both of us go- or me go this year alone. And as I said- I don't think there is a good chance of next year being a good year at all. As it is, we will probably be flying back for a funeral together and, altho I may need his support this time, I will need my husband's support more then than on this trip.

So, at any rate, the weather has gotten cooler this month- a GODSEND to be sure for me. The Beautiful Autumnal colors are starting to peek out more each day, and it's downright nippy here at night.
No, I am not going to close my window until it gets cold-cold. I like the fresh air, altho I fear that may be the reason listed on our divorce papers should Paul decide to one day do the deed. (JK- he doesn't believe in divorce- thank goodness- else my snoring would have already made his decision for him, I'm afraid.)
I've also been concentrating on losing this weight. I've been making careful calculations and looking at all the data and  the dips and rises when something was changed. I don't know the science, but I am seeing a pattern developing and I have been able to tweak my workouts and eating plan to correct(somewhat) these increases in weight and maximize the losses.

Also, my team mate at the office has been on holiday last month.....ALL of last month. Seriously, I saw her in the office two days in between Holiday 1 and Holiday 2.....which means between my boss and myself, we have had to do not only OUR work, but hers as well. I have to take my lunch in my car to get away from all the calls and emails and extra work that occurs if I try to stay at my desk and have lunch there. And I have to come in from work and just have a lie- down on the bed for a half hour after work to be able to calm down and de-stress before starting dinner for Hubby and myself.  I'm so glad aforementioned team mate is back tomorrow, I can't begin to describe how much of a relief it's going to be.

On the upside, I think my doc and I have the correct dosage of Migraine prevention meds now. I had the beginnings of a headache only once this past month and as soon as I got home I took my meds, albeit a couple of hours early, and problem solved. It's lovely to be "normal" and not have headaches rule every day and aspect of my life!!!

In other news.....

I've ordered this new duvet set for hub's & my bedroom. It's not one of thee dark colors I usually choose- it's a lovely mostly white with a bold black floral pattern on.

I don't know what came over me but I'm sick to death of all the dark colors all the time. I also want to buy white towels for the bath and a large white rug for our living room to cover this hideous "blue with a pink pattern but it looks purple" carpet that's in our entire flat. I want to lighten things up in my life... a LOT of things.... and that just seemed the perfect place to start.

So......this past month, I've  cooked, eaten, played games, watched movies and talked with family via Skype ....pretty much just led a written word free life- with the exception of FaceBook.
And now the conundrum..... Do I continue - only posting once a month? Or do I go back to my regular routine?

I didn't really get why one of my Blogger friends stopped blogging a few months ago-(it still seems like years and I do still go back and read his now defunct blog..... because I really do miss his wisdom and style.) But now I totally get it. And as much as I would LOVE to follow his lead, I don't think I could totally shut it off. I love it too much, but, now that I've had a taste of freedom, I may have to take it down to only posting on the first weekend of every month. At least for a while.

And now that you are all caught up.....

Sunny Says-
Until Next Time...






No comments: