Monday, February 01, 2010

Sucky Weekend.

Well, I think I can honestly say this weekend was an utter and complete BUST.

I am coming down with a cold and it made me grouchy and so Paul and I ended up bickering the first part of the weekend and then I was in bed for most of today fighting this cold.

We went for a short ride tonight but neither of us was in the mood to chat and really enjoy it like we usually do.

And the cherry on top of it all was the fact that when we got home- we found the furnace in the back of the house running away like there's no tomorrow and the dang thing isn't even hooked up to anything. It's just sitting there wasting power. And yes- we tried the breaker boxes and still can't get it to stop.

*******************************

As we all know- we are trying to lose a bit of weight and get back into shape.....or get fit. Whichever.

Paul has been getting up- eating, taking his meds, and then heading out for an hour or so walk/bike ride first thing in the morning. He's watching what he eats and cutting back on the fast and fried foods.

And he has lost about 12 pounds I think he said. I can tell he's losing inches tho.

I, on the other hand, am doing all my walking at work- I walk about 3-4 miles a night and am training on the stairs for my annual endurance test for work. 7 flights of stairs in 90 seconds or less. I'm also dieting, but trying to watch my portion control and sweets consumption more than anything else. (Sometimes not so good on the sweets thing tho altho I am trying to do just the snack or bite size sweets when I just cannot resist.)

I'm keeping track of all that on my SparkPeople page and finding out I have been eating more calories than I thought. For instance, I ate two peanut-butter banana sammiches the other morning for Brunch, and the calories from it came up to much more than my dinner of a healthy portion of roast pork, mashed potatoes, and spinach. I am not kidding. I was floored.

But yesterday in my travels of research for my food choices, I came on a diet I haven't heard of before. The Three Bites Diet. You get 12 foods a day of your choice, fried, boiled, broiled, baked, whatever you choose....but you can only have three bites of each food. Only exceptions are fresh raw veggies...those you can have pretty much as much as you like.

Now there's an interesting concept. I mean, face it....ANY diet will work if you adhere to it. But how many of us can actually DO the no sweets, no bread, no fried foods for an extended period of time?

You cannot believe some of the odd "diets" I have found out there.
I'm shooting for balance in my diet....a happy medium I can live with for the rest of my life and be fit and healthy as well as happy.

I'm learning..and I just hope it sticks.

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Meh, I seem to be stuck in the weight loss department too...