Thursday, October 06, 2011

Improving.

Well, things are improving a bit. Things that used to REALLY irritate or annoy me just don't anymore. I've learned to just tune them out.
I'm back on track with my exercise and diet. I don't deny myself a treat once in a while- but it's much less often. I blame it on the stress for letting myself get off track. But it's all under control now.

I'm still working on getting a job. The temp job as an ELF at the Christmas Grotto fell thru. BUT- I'm having a professional look at my CV and see if they can tweak it or give me some suggestions to tweak it myself. So.....something will turn up soon. I'm sure of it.

I've decided that as soon as I get a job and we get our own place, I'm going to see if I can find a Crossfit Gym. I may have to take buses to get there- but thru one of my friends, I've gained enough confidence to give it a try.

I still have terrible bouts of homesickness, but I'm dealing with it. I knew it would happen. You can't live in a place for 51 years of your life, move halfway round the world and NOT get homesick once in a while. So I suppose I'm "normal"...whatever THAT means. LOL

I'm just looking forward to finally managing to get a job. I miss having complete control over my life.
My sisters and mum and friends have all sent me a care package to ease my homesickness a bit. I don't know what I'd do without family & friends.

But- as I said- things are leveling out. And I'm happy about it.

No comments: