Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Cheer- And a Happy New Year!!!

Hello and Seasons Greetings to all you out there in Sunnyland!!!

I know I've been a bit of a slacker this year- it's been a difficult year for me and I've had a bit of a bout of depression, but true to form- I got busy this holiday season and tried to do some good in the spirit of the season.

I may have to do this in a multi part series- I dont think I can put all the photos up at once on one post- but I'll try.......til it tells me no.



































































And that was our Christmas.

Wishing you all a Happy and  Prosperous New Year in 2016!!!!!!



2 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Looks great! So is that a cake covered with malted milk balls and M&Ms or what?

Sunny said...

It was, Michael!!!! A Chocolate Cake- with Chocolate Filling and Chocolate Fudge Frosting topped with Malteesers(or Whoppers if you are from the states) and topped with plain M&Ms.

The other cake was a Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Filling and Frosting and garnished with Red Velvet Crumbs and Grated White Chocolate.

And then there was the pie- which was a mixture of Pumpkin and sweet potatoes which were made into a casserole for Christmas dinner -then the day after, some evap milk and eggs were added to it then poured into the pie shell and baked at 450 degrees for 15 mins then turned down to 350 for another 45 mins. I think I like it better mixed that either of them by themselves!!!
(I must have- I'm ashamed to say I ate the entire pie by myself over the past 4 days.)
*Hangs head in shame*
Thank Goodness the Christmas Food Madness is over now tho!! All the goodies have been either eaten or wrapped and put in the freezer for a treat later on in the year!!!