Thursday, December 28, 2017

A Look Back at 2017....

As the new year approaches, I find myself looking back over the past year and seeing what has come about.

I discovered the actual name of my heart condition after many, many tests and hospital visits.
It also explains a lot about my other conditions and ailments.  I know now what needs to be done to help. It wont be a cure.... it's apparently hereditary. They are talking a pacemaker in the future if the condition gets any worse, but I'm praying we dont have to go there...at least not for quite a few years.
In the meantime, I will continue to take my medications, I will do everything I can to get this excess weight off so my heart isn't strained any more than it already is, and I will do my very best to de-stress at every opportunity.

My mom's healthy has not improved- after several hospital visits it doesn't seem there are  any more answers than there was this time last year....or the year before. I look at everything and realize that her condition isn't likely to improve and given her advanced age, it is highly likely it will only continue to deteriorate.
I know there were reasons for moving to the UK when we did, but sometimes, when I think about it all, I wonder if we made the right decision. I know in my heart we did, I honestly dont think I would be alive had we not made that decision, but there is always the small bit of doubt that comes now and again.

My daughters health is worse, but she did meet and marry a lovely man, Charles, and for that I am over the moon. Julie is studying and in a few months can be qualified for a new job. One she doesn't have to be on her feet for hours at a time and gets paid a decent wage for the work she does.Things are looking up for them as well.

My son, Frank, is doing well. He has a lovely lady love who encourages him and works as a team with him to achieve what they want and need rather than dragging him down. Yet at the same time makes him accountable for the occasional slip up. They look forward to things, and make plans for things, and are moving forward. I pray this continues on into the future.

My youngest (late)son's wife, Kathy, got married this year as well to one of the sweetest men I've ever met. He is gentle, and kind, and adores her and the kids. He has stepped up and become the man I'm sure Clay would have approved of and if he were still with us- I'm pretty sure he and Thomas would have been very good friends if they had met.

Hubby and I are doing well. We both have good, steady, decent paying jobs. Our office is moving soon and then we can start looking for a house to purchase for our own. I'd rather not live in Manchester Proper, but I doubt that we can find anything in the same area we are renting in now. It's like Rodeo Drive here with the local celebs that live round us- and they are building upscale  retirement villages around us too..(I imagine it has to do with the close proximity of two gold courses to our front and back of the properties).
I honestly dont care as long as it's a decent quiet neighborhood and a house we can call our OWN. One where I can hang pictures and art and paint things the colors I want and have the carpeting I want or be able to sit out in my own garden in the summers evenings.

It's been a heck of a ride in 2017..... and I want to improve on everything in 2018.

1 comment:

Betty Rage said...

You’ll get there. 2017 has been a strange year. A year of movement. 2018 will be the year where things are built back up stronger than before xxx