Sunday, February 11, 2018

Gadgets... and More Gadgets.

This morning I got up and turned the TV on while I tidied the living room- yes- it's the first thing I do in the mornings on weekends as hubby goes to bed AFTER I do and there is ALWAYS a bit of tidying to be done when I get up.
Do men even KNOW what a rubbish bin IS????

Anyway, I digress..... when the TV came on it was on a channel with an infomercial showing and as I wasn't watching I didn't bother to turn it off or change it over. Now, the infomercial for today was a newfangled gadget called a "pressure cooker".

I know- I know- those things have been around for many many MANY years, right?
Well, this one is even better. The Pressure King Pro 3L can cook a meal in under 30 minutes instead of an hour or two. It has a time delay on it(convenient for those of us who both work all day-and it has different settings for different foods.
AND it comes with a recipe book- AND  it has three different sizes that you can choose from. (I'd go for the smallest size, personally, for me and hubby). And I do actually want one now. Not ANY pressure cooker- defo not a stove top one- THIS one. in silver.

My problem is- I have a postage stamp size kitchen. Anyone who has ever been to my house has thought I was joking when I said that- but when they see it- they see I most certainly am NOT. two people cannot be in my kitchen at the same time. Unless one stands in the doorway and even then it's kind of iffy.

Okay so anyway- I was playing MineCraft yesterday (I promise this is going to make sense in a very short time) and designing my kitchen in it- and I found myself designing it around what I have on my wish list for my real life kitchen.

I put in loads and loads of cabinetry in the top  and bottom. Top ones had glass fronts to show off all my beautiful dishes- both old and new,  and my glassware and stemware along with my brew mug sets. And let's not forget my baking sets and mixing bowls!
 Yes- My fav place to relax is my kitchen baking.
I put in a pantry for all the foodstuffs and installed a MASSIVE fridge/freezer for cold foods. And I added a lovely DOUBLE sink.
Now the bottom cabinets were closed in-  for saucepans and  baking pans and casserole dishes and holiday serving pieces, and last but certainly not least- to house my growing set of cooking gadgets such as the one described in the infomercial.
I have  the basics- a Kettle, toaster, hand mixer.
I also have a stand mixer, a more deluxe food/bread mixer with a dough arm, whisk and mixer attachments. I have a George Formby Grill(Thank you #PeterKay!!), a Bullet(type) Smoothie blender(it doubles as a food processor when I need something chopped), plus a slow cooker, and as an added bonus- an Air Fryer and I THINK we have a Panini maker too- I cant remember. And lets not forget that all important Microwave Oven!!!!
And all but the most basics are packed away because we have a kitchen the size of a POSTAGE STAMP!
The only thing I absolutely keep out that isnt basic is my smoothie blender because I use it EVERY SINGLE DAY.
 And now to add insult to injury-I want the pressure cooker gadget now- and a WAFFLE iron!!!

Okay so-
Why do we even HAVE cookers/stoves anymore? And why are THEY still the standard in a kitchen when we have so many convenience appliances?
If you absolutely had to choose- would you  choose to keep all the convenience gadgets or would you take a bog standard cooker/stove?

Decisions- Decisions.














No comments: