Tuesday, November 27, 2018

What a Difference a Day Makes

Well, two days on and I am now gainfully employed.

Sunday afternoon just 5 minutes after posting my last blog post, I got an alert on my phone for a "Room Attendant" position at the Country House hotel literally 500 yards(maybe even less) from my front door.
WTHeck? I asked. WHY aren't they CALLING me?.... for you see, I had submitted my CV(Resume) TWICE for positions there already in the past two months. I also had went in person just last week to be told that all hiring was done via interwebs.
Now- I was a bit upset at this point- so I decided to go a step further. I looked up the phone number of the hotel and the next morning at 9AM sharp I cold called them...and, of course, I got a recording of my options- but one of the options (5) was to get thru directly to housekeeping. Hmmmmm.... So I pushed 5.
A very nice lady named Jayne answered and I explained who I was and that I understood they were hiring for Room Attendants position. She confirmed and so I went on that I had submitted my CV already on the website and that I had worked with a cleaning company in the states, and that I lived only a few hundred yards from their establishment. (Literally if a major league baseball pitcher stood on my back stoop he could probably hit the  hotel with a baseball.) and I asked if there was anything she could recommend to me so I could get an interview and possibly come work at their lovely Country House Hotel.
She asked if I could come in  for an interview the next morning  at 10am and of course I said yes, indeed I could.
So I hung up- thrilled to have a face to face interview at last- and then I colored my hair and applied a gel peeling cucumber face mask and relaxed a bit.
This morning I walked over- it took far less time than I thought it would so I arrived about 20 minutes earlier than my appointment time- and so I sat down to wait after letting reception know who I was there to see.
I took in the loveliness of the place... all the rich, dark wood and the polished brass and colorful red and gold carpeting.... real old world charm it has- AND as an added bonus- it was already decorated for Christmas!! I was in Heaven!
Well, Jayne then came out and introduced herself and we chatted a bit. She told me about the position, asked me a few questions and we chatted about this and that- and before I knew it almost 45 minutes had passed and she asked if I would like the position and when I would like to start.. so I said Monday? and she said "Be here at 7AM and I will meet you and get your uniform and your paperwork done and you can get with Amelia to start your training! LOVELY!!!"
It's 30-40 hours a week at minimum hourly wage, but it's an active job not sitting at a desk for 9 hours a day and the people I will be working with seemed very nice, too.
So, I walked home (or was it floated) on Cloud 9- happy as a lark to have landed the job I first applied for and that was my very first choice in  jobs after leaving my former employer. 

This is what happens when you put it in God's hands and let him follow HIS plan instead of trying to force YOUR plan into action. Sometimes God has the same plan as you do- but he does it in HIS time-frame, not yours. So, I am gainfully employed again- Praise Jesus! Amen!!



1 comment:

LiverbirdYank said...

So, so happy for you!!!
God’s plan is perfection. You’ve landed on you’re feet and I’m so proud of you xxx