Sunday, November 25, 2018

No Such Luck

Well, almost two months on and I'm still looking for paid employment.I was hoping to land a job within a month of losing my old one, but no such luck. I was also praying for even a smallish lottery win. Also no such luck.

I've submitted hundreds of applications and only have a handful of phone interviews to show for it.

Starting to get very frustrated. The Christmas Holidays are upon us and this couldnt be much more depressing than it is. I cant afford gifts for my family... I might be able to scrape together enough change to send them all a bulk package of Christmas Cards. And it's killing me. This is the first Christmas in their LIVES I haven't been able to give them ANYTHING..... What a sad state of affairs I have let myself get into.

All I can do this year is just keep on keeping on and pray something comes my way soon. Maybe decorating the house will make me feel a bit better...or make me feel a whole lot worse. It's a toss up at the moment.
The day before yesterday I was feeling low and depressed. Yesterday I was feeling really up and optimistic... Today I am feeling so depressed about it all I just want to go back to bed and cry.

Praying that next Christmas will be sooo much better than this one.

Damn any company that lets an employee go just before Christmas. Unless they deserve it- and I defo did NOT deserve to be let go like that. I'm pissed off. I'm also disappointed. I actually foresaw myself retiring from that company in a few years. It's the first time I actually could see myself staying with a company for long term.
Yeah- I whined about the job being so stressful, but only after they added another role into my already full job. If they hadn't added that on I could have happily stayed on for the rest of my working life. I hope they are proud of themselves- they lost a damn good employee.


3 comments:

Betty Rage said...

You’ll be ok, I know it. Things happen for a reason and take that anger and channel it into action. I know you’ll land on your feet xxx

Kimberly said...

Hang in there. It seems bad at the moment, but you'll probably end up much better off with a better job. If you're a gift giver and don't have much, if any to spend, get on Pinterest. There are so many wonderful low-cost/no-cost gifts you can give from the heart.
Some of our best Christmas' were the ones that we had the least amount of money. I've always looked at it as a challenge to see what I could come up with...and I know your family knows your situation. They understand.
Try to stay positive and count your blessings, as you have many, I know. Keep doing what you're doing and be patients. My mom alway said "Good things come to those who wait"..
Merry Christmas and blessings to a wonderful New Year.
Kimberly

Anonymous said...

Sunny Says...
Thank you Betty & Kimberly... Unfortunately I live in the UK and my family lives in the states and even the smallest items I made would cost a mint to send thru the post- and i LITERALLY have NO money to spend-so I know they understand and will be happy just to hear from me that day- I just feel like I've let not only them but myself down as well. Oh well, as I said- I will be better next year and maybe I can make it up to them then.