Sunday, March 23, 2014

Changes Afoot.......For the Better.

Well, I didn't actually make it to tour my Bestie's Gym. I went on a walk this morning and discovered that one of the gyms I've been researching (SPINDLES) is about 2 or 3 blocks from my front doorstep. So I popped in and asked about their facility.

Tracy, the lass in front reception, was very friendly and answered all my list of questions about it. Then she took me on a tour of the place and I have to say- I was GREATLY impressed. It's a bit on the smaller side,but that's a GOOD thing for me. It's situated in a big old country house hotel that reminds me a LOT of the hotel in The Shining, but on a much less grand scale!!! You turn into the entrance off the main road and walk down a long winding scenic driveway til you reach the hotel, then go thru the front doors, and the gym is to the right in it's own wing.

There's a snack bar at the front gym reception desk.....then a couple of snooker tables and a Foosball table. Then, there is an indoor heated pool, a sauna, a steam room, changing rooms with a tanning bed in them, showers, sinks with hair dryers, and a fully equipped fitness center that has a couple of machines I've never seen, a few treadmills, cross-trainers, StairMasters and a set of free weights.





The fee is £25 a MONTH. It's a rolling contract that can be cancelled anytime. But with those amenities- who the heck would WANT to???...(unless you lose your job and just cant possibly afford it anymore.)

I can get home from work, change into my workout clothes, be out the front door and in the gym in 10 minutes time.
I looked at the paperwork, showed them my credentials, and joined. I think I would be a fool NOT to. I've reached my halfway point in my weight-loss and I need to do this for myself.
It will be good for me.
I'm just sitting here now waiting for 3PM to roll around so I can go talk to the personal trainer for my induction.
I don't think I'll ever become a bona-fide Gym Rat, but I'm hoping for at least a Gym Mouse.
I'm SO Excited!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Michael Dodd said...

Sounds like a great place. Hope you enjoy it!