Thursday, April 10, 2014

On Doctors and Cabbies....

So, today I had a somewhat early appointment at the doctors for a few tests(ie Fasting Blood Work) to see if they can figure out why the blood sugar drops have increased in frequency in recent months and to check my kidney function, too.

Well, I am going into work late- good thing I asked for a half day holiday allowance.

Got up- showered and washed my hair and straightened the house again while I was waiting on my hair to towel dry so I could style it and get dressed.
Called and ordered the cab. Finished up all that stuff and then went to the doctor's appointment.

Got there- didn't have to wait long, went back and this lab woman is NOTHING like the woman at my previous doctors office or hospital. It bloody HURT like heck when she was sticking me to take the blood- and it took FOREVER for her to do it, too. Now, I haven't gotten lightheaded from blood work but ONCE since I got here......Luckily that time I had my MIL with me and she took lovely care of me afterwards.

Well, It hurt so much and took so long for her to do it- that I got lightheaded.......so I had to sit til I could stand without falling on my face. I SWEAR I could feel that blood being sucked into that vial and the needle sliding around as she did whatever it was she was doing...changing vials I think...they took 4 or 5 of them for the different tests. So I called the cab afterwards, and I decided to come home and get something to eat in me.

THIS cab driver scared the bejezus out of me with his driving skills...or lack of them.

First of all- when I call a cab, I fully expect him to know how to drive...basis driving skills are essential for cab drivers and bus drivers if you ask me. He didn't. And as my husband can tell you- I'm a very nervous rider anyway. But this guy OUTDID himself.  Dodging cars(that didn't need to be dodged), speeding, trying to pass cars in the wrong lane- and realizing that there was a car TURNING is the reason the traffic was stopped in front of him........Needless to say I was praying the entire way home and my tummy was lurching anyway without all that mess going on.

Secondly- Okay- a cabbie should KNOW HIS WAY round the town he's driving in. And if he doesn't- at LEAST have a GPS in your cab. God's sake- in this day and age there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER a cabby should be asking the passenger which way is it......that's why I called a dang cab- cause I don't know my way around Manchester, you idiot!!!

Well, anyway, I finally made it home. Got something to drink, ate a sammich and I'm now waiting for  the cab so I can go in to work. Not in a great rush to be honest. I  don't absolutely have to be there til noon and I'm still shaky and I know my boss would rather |i feel normal when I come in that be all faint and dazed and confused.

 I will work from noon until 4 PM today- I'm having a carb loaded Brunch now.
Anyway- that's been my day so far..... I'm so glad this week is almost over.

2 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

Sure hope that day got better! Usually I have no problems when they take blood, but once the nurse couldn't get the needle into a vein. She poked me two or three times, then called for backup. The second nurse was finally able to do it, but they dug around in my arm for a while. Not the most pleasant experience!

Elena LeShelle said...

Anything with Needles sets me off!! Can't stand them!!
Nor the sight of Blood.......

I always need a half a day or so to recover fully. Seriously, I am that much of a wimp. No worries about ME ever becoming self-harmer or a drug addict.