Friday, July 31, 2026

Gah- Even More Changes!!!

 Well boss(present) called me today asking if I was at a point that I could break free and come have a talk with him. I said sure.


I then proceeded to pack all my personal  belongings into my Backpack because usually when you get called into the manager's office for a little chat- it rarely ends well for the "talkee". I was fully expecting to be told-"We're going to have to let you go today" and then be walked off property without being able to go back and gather my personal possessions from the office...I was fully prepared for that eventuality because I've had to execute that walk with other employees quite a few times in my career.

Well, I got to his office and turns out he just wanted to offer to let me go whenever was best for me- stated he had coverage if I wanted to make either today or next Thursday my last day on schedule instead of working out the whole two weeks notice. I declined today being the last day-, started to decline next Thursday as well just to be ornery- but then I thought to myself- "Self, Do I really want to cut off my nose to spite my face? Take the damn extra week instead of working the full notice, you dumbass."

So I did- and now I only have four days left to work instead of nine days! I contacted my future boss or my boss-in-waiting..lol. and he said that was fine- was actually glad to be getting  me a week ahead of schedule!!

So Good times!!


1 comment:

Evan 08 said...

Nice!