Hmmm...it's been a while. Life has taken some strange turns.
The new job I took to become a bit less stressed is trying it's darndest to become exactly what the one I left was. I've been in Security or law enforcement in some way, shape or form since 1984. I have very useful knowledge to share. And I'm perfectly willing to share it to make my workplace a smoothly oiled machine.
My employers want me to take on a supervisory position and I DO NOT WANT... I will gladly share my insights, but I will NOT put myself in that position again. There is no extra money nor title in it- they just want someone to be responsible for the site.
Again- I DO NOT WANT.
I took this job on second shift- 2p-10p because I wanted a more laid-back phase in my life going forward. I will gladly work extra shifts now and again when needed (of my choice), but I won't take responsibility again for making sure the shifts are covered by being REQUIRED to go in if no one else is willing to do so- I'm sorry, but that seems more like a DEmotion than a PROmotion.
I will gladly take lead when the company that employs us asks for help with solving an issue, but I won't be anyone's YES Man.
In the words of the Great Danny Glover- I'm getting too old for that ?%#*!!!!!
Then I'm still looking for a new place to live. As before when we were looking- so many scammers!!!!!
When Tax season rolls around again, I'm going to be making some decisions again.
I took in a lodger. I swore when we moved away from the other place that it wouldn't happen again, but one of my son's friends got done DIRTY by his roommates. They trashed the place, didn't help with the bills and then moved out leaving him a huge problem which got him evicted for the crap they did to him.
I felt bad for him- so I had a discussion with him and told him he could stay with us until he got back on his feet IF he helped out with the utilities... I thought $40 a week should be fair. (My power runs about 250-350 a month, water is around 35(jumped to 57) internet is 75 a month... That it-
I got $90 the first month and nothing the past 2 months. I had a discussion with him 2 weeks ago and told him I needed that money by no later than Sept 27th. He came up with a reason (he needed to pay his auto insurance so he could continue getting back and forth to work. I took that into consideration and said fine- and gave him an extra week. That's the night he disappeared. And we haven't seen him since, so I'm assuming he isn't staying here anymore? But his stuff is still in my basement. Although before cold weather hits it most certainly won't be. My granddaughter and I started clearing out the basement this weekend in anticipation of decorating for the coming holidays and we have a load of stuff for the recycle center and also for the donation center. If he doesn't come back and get his stuff, it's going too.
My house is not a storage unit for people who do ME and mine dirty.
God has Blessed me and he will help me provide what I need. I have Faith.
Other than those few things- life is going well.
I do love being on second shift. It gives me time to spend alone time with my two kids every day before I hie myself off to work and it gives them time away from mama when they do their thing in the afternoons and early evening.
I pray- a lot. Well, I say I pray- it's more Like I have several conversations with God every day. I don't go to church regularly, my church of choice is about 60 miles away, but I do watch church services online with my daughter who told me about the church she went to... It's the same church I go to when I can. The pastor brings the Word of God to life. I wish all pastors did that. At the end of the service every Sunday, you feel disappointed that the service is over because you want to hear more. 5Point Church in Easley South Carolina. Pastor Dean Herman. Non-Denominational. If you don't (or do) have a church- go...just once. Or watch the service online- just Google 5Point and it will take you to the live service on Sundays.
That's all I got for now. Life just got really busy for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment