Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Happy Bithday to My Two Wonderful Daughters-In-Law

Birthdays are always a really big deal around our house. It's your special day when you can do almost anything you want and not get any flack about it.

If you don't wanna go to school or work- you don't have to go. If you want to go see a movie or go to the amusement park- you get to go.
For dinner you get to choose the restaurant the family eats at- or if you prefer- you get to choose the menu for a stay-at-home dinner. Doesn't matter what is is- you get it. Shrimp and fries, Meat loaf and mashed potatoes, Lobster with butter, calamari, Eggplant soup, or mac & cheese and beans and wienies.......doesn't matter - your birthday- your choice.
You also get to choose what type cake you want for your birthday - or if you want pie or toll-house cookies or a banana split instead of cake- you get it.

And on your birthday you get to eat off the special Birthday plate.

My eldest son's wife's birthday was on October first
(Easy for me to remember my daughter in Laws birthdays)
Marie is married to firstborn son, Frank- her birthday is October 1st which comes before November second which is daughter-in-law Kathy's birthday who is married to second born son, Clayton.

But I have been sick and wasn't going to bring that sickness over to their home and give it to all them with those babies just getting better from being sick in the first place.

So ,Marie- I honestly haven't forgotten about your B-day.

I plan on having a party for you and Kathy together- just as soon as the first frost comes. The first weekend after the first frost I'm making a HUGE pot of chili with lots of shredded sharp cheese to top it with. We'll have bags of corn-chips to go with it all and have Birthday cake for dessert and gallons of sweet iced tea and Pepsi to wash it all down with.
And you will have your Red Velvet cake and Kathy will have whatever cake she wants as well.

We might even build a big bonfire and toast marshmallows around it if we can twist the boys arms to build it.
(You know how much twisting that will take! About ZERO- They will have it blazing before we can get the request out of our mouths....What IS it with men and FIRE?)........

Anyway- I love you girls like you are my very own. You love my boys with every fiber of your being and it shines like a beacon and I just want to say I couldn't be more blessed.

Can't wait for Old man Frost to arrive, baby-girls!

MWAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm would you like to adopt somone? me?... sounds like a great way to celebrate!!

misty harley said...

Happy b-day to them and you can adopt me too. Really. I wouldn't mind ;O)

I promise if you do, I will start to pay better attention and not take you to wierd places! Hugs!!!

Sunny said...

Well, Then where would be the fun if you never take me on one of those Life Adventures, Misty?
And to you and Wolfbaby- YES I will adopt you both....Not sure how they is gonna work for your birthday dinners- but sure- you're family now.

Mwaah!!!!!!1

Anonymous said...

Sorry it took so long for me to read this but do you know it was next to impossible for me to find your blog? Anyways....i always look forward to the first frost.its the only thing i like about winter(CHILLI!!!!)now i have one more reason! Luv ya and ill be there with bells on..p.s. the bonfire sounds great, mmmmm marshmallows