Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Headlines.........................

Today's Newspaper Headline...

SMOKERS FACE BAN!

It seems Legislation is in the works to ban smoking from all public buildings and areas.

Okay first of all- I RARELY smoke myself. Occasionally I will chain smoke a pack or tow IF
1)I'm extremely upset about something.
OR
2)I'm out clubbing and/or drinking.

Now I can understand banning smoking in places like schools, in hospitals retail businesses and gas stations. And one of my personal pet peeves is having to walk thru a food establishment thru the smoking section to get to the non-smoking section. Why not put the smokers in the very back and install a good ventilation system instead?

But I'm sorry they are taking this anti-smoking thing way too damn far now. What THE HELL are they thinking banning smoking from clubs and bars? It's the last place smokers can go to enjoy themselves.
I swear soon this country is going to ban couples from having sex as well. How about blowing your nose in public? Coughing, anyone? Chewing with your mouth open? Scratching an itch(even your chin or knee). Taking too big a bite of food. Eating anything with fat or sugar in it. Wearing anything other than what politicians think is appropriate.

It's really starting to piss me off all the rules and regulations that office-holders think they have to have control over. And every day it's something new that they think they have to make an new "RULE"/Law for.

Look People- I'm a damn adult I can make decisions for my own damn self. When you start paying all my God-damn bills and provide everything for me like my Dad used to do THEN- and maybe not even THEN- will you have the right to have a say in what the fuck I do in my private life.

So lay off my damn rights and freedoms!

4 comments:

misty harley said...

oooh had to make sure I was on the right blog...wow...it's a whole new side of you.

I don't mind the no-smoking parts..and I am a smoker. I *do* mind the "remove smokers from all common area's of the world."

If they are going to do that, they might as well close down the tobacco companies. O-wait..they can't do that...less money for the gov't then

Anonymous said...

ever think of running for office? I'd vote for ya;)

MC Etcher said...

I'm thinking all the cars passing by in public areas is worse for us than cigarette smoke.

Anonymous said...

are you still writing?