Thursday, June 28, 2007

OMG- SOOOO Many Changes!!!!

Well, it has been a red letter week for me.

First of all, I trained a guy night before last.........turns out he is taking over my position at work.
Remember that promotion I told you I might be getting? Well, I turned it down...I was going to be doing twice as much work and getting NO more money for doing it. So I said Thanks, but no thanks. So- they decided to completely eliminate my graveyard shift position and just make the mobile officer do it as well as his duties. Fine by me.
So today I was given the choice of taking two 12 hour shifts at the new facility- or taking second shift at the one I'm at now...the guy who is doing it now is going to be the new second shift Mobile officer. So I took the second shift position.
I am soooo not gonna know how to act-I have worked night shift since 1983-except for a five year stint as a courier in the mid 90's. I am a bona-fide Vampyre- a child of the night.....My skin sizzles when sunlight hits it.....seriously. My eyes are light sensitive- so much so I like to wear sunglasses inside in the evening hours to shade them from the artificial lighting. Sllep like a normal person? During the NIGHT hours.....In DARKNESS????
Wow...This is gonna take some getting used to.

Now- other changes.
My mom has started dating a bit. It's been almost two years since Dad passed away, it's time. She;s been going out to dinner or breakfast with a sweet gentleman that she dated a few times before she and Dad met. I like him....so far. And mom is happy so, Good For Her!!
;=-)

More news.......Daughter went for her ultrasound...bad news there- no heartbeat- she's re-scheduled for another in two weeks and is on bedrest til then. Doc says it may be that she's about to miscarry- or it could be that she's not as far along as they thought and it's just too early to hear the babys heartbeat.

No comments: