Saturday, June 02, 2007

Computer/Video Games- The Devils Spawn.



I'm convinced Computer/Video games are Satan's Spawn.


I am soooo annoyed.

I want to play computer/video games- but I just cannot find one that does what I want to do.

I have ZELDA- Ocarina of Time which is HUGELY entertaining- but I am stuck in that one. I can't get past the mountain part in it and I have tried for MONTHS to figure that one out. Usually I just end up getting so frustrated I wanna throw the controller THRU the TV....and then I end up going to the in-game fishing pond to fish and calm down.....sometimes it works- sometimes it doesn't.

I started Oblivion....got to a certain point -in the what I like to call the "Hell-Fire and Brimstone" level, and cannot find my way out. I have killed everything I can- the place is empty, I searched every thing I killed, and found no key to give me exit rights. So for the past 2 weeks I have been wandering around and around in that damn boring place entering chambers and going out of them, up and down the spiral staircase.
Wandering around in circles. I HATE wandering around "LOOKING" for something and being stuck.

So this week Pauli and I went out and bought a couple NEW games....my choice was Return to Mysterious Island. Rated T......Pauli didn't know if I would like what is basically a point and click game....but I insisted that maybe if I started at a lower level game I would be able to grow with it- and not have to be calling him over every minute and a half to help me out or give me a hint.

Now, I understand this game perfectly, it's actually a lot of fun. BUT- now I have come to a point where I have to get past these four stupid monkey who are throwing stones at me- without KILLING them for Christ-sake.
I have went thru my entire inventory- mixing and matching items to try and make SOMETHING to get rid of them so I can continue the game. Nothing has worked so far. I even backtracked to the beginning of the game- screen by screen, and then scrolled the cursor over the entire screen , inch by inch, at each point to make sure I hadn't missed some vital item to collect.
NOTHING.
I spent four hours today doing that hunt stuff- and getting a HUGE migraine to boot.

Is there a game out there that offers an adventure I can go on and explore and kill stuff without being stopped dead at some point by some annoying things like these happening?
When I play a game I like to be able to DO things, not have to sit and think until my head aches and make a zillion decisions. I do enough of that stuff at work and in RL. I DO like something that keeps my interest tho- a game that has places to explore and things to see and learn- but without all the dead-ends to have to deal with.

PLEASE-if you know of a game that you think might be what I'm looking for- please, please, PLEASE tell me what it is.

Sorry about the RANT- I just am very frustrated at this point and needed to vent..

4 comments:

Paulius said...

Note: I actually pointed out that it was a point and click adventure, and therefore maybe too complicated if you'd never played one before.

Sunny said...

yep you did- and after posting that comment he went on myterious island and had my problem figured out in 9 minutes- I kid you not.

It must be his superior brit male mind.

dammitt- but TY.

;-)

Anonymous said...

http://th179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/fiendninja_8894/th_image001b.gif

Anonymous said...

whoops sorry that didnt mean to publish that, meant to erase it but oh well. it was a cute picture anyway