Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dec 20, 1860...South Carolina Announces Her Sucession From The Union.

There were many reasons for South Carolina's Secession from the Union...Slavery was just the one the Union chose to fixate on for their own reasons.

This pretty well sums it up.

If I hadn't worked last night and wasn't still sick, I would have written a damn good post about it- but this will have to do for now. I just couldn't let the 150th Year Anniversary go by without some sort of mention.

Yeah- I'm Southern, and Damn Proud Of it. I'm sure y'all will understand. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone- I just get a bit upset when someone tries to make it all about the slavery issue- when it wasn't, it was all about States rights.... Today it could just as easily be about the law requiring Motorcycle helmets being forced on South Carolinian's just because North Carolina has a law that requires them for everyone. State's Rights.

Okay- anyway, I'm off to bed now! Night Y'all!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree, kind of like the mess about displaying the rebel flag. You can't fix stupid