Friday, December 26, 2014

Secret Santa.....

Twas the morning of Christmas and already light- 
I heard a sound and thought it might be an intruder...but I had my phone in my hand so I put it on camera and peeked it around the corner to see what I was about to face.......
This is what I saw when I looked at the pic.
OMG!! It's DAYLIGHT out!!
 I quickly ran back to bed and waited til I didn't hear sounds in there anymore...
 I saw the things under the tree and ran to investigate!!
Owwwwww- Prezzies!!!!
And Stockings had been filled and left for us!!
 Then I turned to go sit in my recliner and see what was in my stocking
(I love chocolate for brekkie on Christmas Day..
.It's the ONE time I don't feel guilty about eating rubbish all day.)
This is what I saw when I turned around-
Ours must have been the LAST house Santa visited since it was daylight when I saw him and I suppose  after delivering those zillion prezzies all over the world he felt the need for a bit of a kip before setting back off back to the North Pole....
So I tiptoed over and snapped of a few photos...
I mean no one will believe me if there aren't photos, right?
I laughed because,
 apparently, 
Santa was using his NICE List as a sleep mask to keep a bit of the light out of his eyes.




Well, I took a few photos of the List too....Sure enough- Paul and my name was at the very end of the list so we MUST have been the last delivery.
I noticed that a few on the list had stars by their names(*Extra Good)...I have a Blog world friend named Michael who made the list(I'm not sure he would appreciate whoever put the Nice List together shortening his name to Mike tho....Apparently his companion Tom, didn't get a star.....Hmmm...Poor Tom. I wonder if there's a Bonus Gift for having a Star by your name or if it's just for Santa's benefit?
 Anyway....

As I was snapping photos, I noticed he was holding something in his hand and his bag still had a few things in it...I didn't want to get too close and wake him up- (That would earn me a spot on the NAUGHTY List for a VERY LONG time, I'm sure)- but I did take a quick photo to see what they were.....
Owwww- nice one- Quality Street Chocolates!!!
And what was in his hand????...
LOL...Oh my....
Santa ate almost an entire sleeve of Jaffa Cakes!!!
It's okay- I LOVE them too!!!
Well.....
Not wanting to push my luck any further, I took one last look at my childhood dream come true-
Santa in my LIVING ROOM..... and I snuck back to bed to give him a chance to wake on his own and leave undisturbed....
completely oblivious to the fact anyone(and now EVERYONE) knows that 
YES- Santa Really DOES EXIST!!

Happy Christmas to ALL- and to all a Good NIGHT!!!!


2 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

I am glad that my young self -- Mike -- made it onto the list. And no doubt that star was deserved! Tom is my star, so he doesn't need a separate one.

Happy, happy days!

Sunny said...

Awwww...Im sure next year Tom will have a star by his name too!! (MAYBE the listmaker just missed.