Sunday, July 17, 2016

Bits & Bobs.... And an Epiphany

It's sad when you realize you really don't have one spot in your entire home that reflects yourself enough to make a video where you are comfortable.

We have collections of toys throughout our entire home. Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Other things I dont have a clue about because it's mostly all the husband's collections.

I have two things in our home that I can personally say reflect me and me alone. One is my dressing/vanity table.  Two small chests of drawers on  each side with a beautiful, long Ashe wood board made specially for it by my father in law. He not only found the wood for it- he put a lovely decorative edge around it and then sanded and waxed it down, too. It's just set on top on the two chests and I use my old office chair(VERY comfy too) for the chair/bench for it. I have my perfumes, my hair accessories, my makeup and my jewelry on it along with a few of my wedding photos and our wedding invitation and announcements that I framed because they are just too beautiful to not display.

The other is my gray corduroy and black leather oversized oval reading chair. I need to do something about that thing too. It's the perfect size and shape for curling up with a good novel on a dreary day, but the seat cushion in it is atrocious.  It's just hard and lumpy and not terribly the most comfy chair to do said curling up with a novel. And at the moment it's just stuck in a corner taking up space.......so I need to find a new cushion foam for it so it's both comfy and beautiful.

So- having said that, I need to do a bit of restructuring when my hubby goes to his parents in a couple of weekends. He freaks out when I do any redecorating when he is here, so I just wait until he does a house-sit weekend for his parents and by the time he gets back it's all done and he doesn't have to see the chaos that goes on to get things looking that way.

So until I can create a space to do my video, it will be on the back burner until the last Sunday this month. Only a couple of weeks away tho.

In other news......

The new eating plan I told you about a couple weeks or so ago......  Fast & Feast Eating Plan.

It isn't a diet really...it's an eating plan. There  are very few rules. You Fast alternate days and are allowed 500 calories. On your Feast Days you eat whatever you want- trying to stay within a 2000 calorie  limit.  On my first week on it- I truly FASTED on the fast days. I'm one of those people who would rather not eat anything than have a little bit of something. If I ever eat anything I'm starving for the rest of the day, so I knew that eating a salad or sammich  just wouldn't work for me on fasting days. So I stuck with just a cup of coffee at the three meal times, and water in between.

I lost 1 lb the first week. That was fine. I knew I wouldn't lose a great amount because I had trouble getting my 2 liters of water down on my fasting days. Water does NOT taste nice after drinking a cup of coffee. And if I don't get two liters of water down a day, the scale doesn't budge.

Anyway.....so the second week I switched things up a bit..... I fasted on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I Feasted on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and had a One Meal Half Fast on Sunday with the meal staying between 700-800 calories. Saturday is the only day I truly allowed myself to Feast and have a treat of a few Fig Newtons with my evening coffee. The other two feast days I cooked and ate my usual healthy food options. My "treat" those days were having a cup of coffee with a spoonful of sugar in it as dessert. Everything tasted so much better on my feast days after fasting the day before. It's like my taste buds were reborn!!

And the second week I lost 1.4 pounds. Which is also fine. I didn't put this weight on overnight, so it won't come off overnight either. And if I continue to lose at this rate I will still lose over 50 lbs in a year. And I'm happy with that.

I'm hoping to wedge a bit more exercise into my routine as I have joined the ranks of the PokemonGo fanatics. The only catch is I have to go walking when the sun is low in the sky because of the glare on my phone screen. That's fine with me, too. I'd much rather walk later in the day so I can unwind and relax from the stress of the day at the office. We will see if it impacts my weight loss at all in the next week.

Apologies- I realize I have been going on a lot about my weight loss lately on here. It just seems to be what I'm focusing on lately in my life. I promise to not turn this into a weight loss only blog. I will have other things to talk about in the coming weeks. My trip home is coming up....my videos will be a weekly feature if I can get them right.

The videos, by the way, are a personal challenge. I've always been painfully shy around strangers. Also, having been told I was NOT very photogenic and would do better as a runway model when I was a teenager doing a bit of modeling and thinking of making a career of it, kind of scarred me for life and made me super critical of any photos I am in. So by opening myself up to doing a vlog once a week is WAY out of my comfort zone.  And probably why I'm procrastinating by using not having a decent spot to do it as an excuse to build up my confidence a bit more.

*Blinks*
Huh....that was a bit of an epiphany.

And so, that's about all I have for you this week.
Until next time......


5 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

First off, congrats on the weight loss progress!
Second, lots of people who are quite attractive in person do not photograph well. There can be any number of reasons, but I have heard that people whose faces are very animated and alive sometimes stiffen up in photos and so what makes them attractive -- the liveliness of the person evident in their mobile face -- fails to come across. So video might just be your medium!
Third, I thought maybe you could photoshop your vlogs so that it looks like you are in a busy pub.

Sunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunny said...

Hello Michael!!!

First of all- Ty for the Congrats!! I think maybe I've finally found The One.

Second of all- Maybe so! I dont think I've ever seen myself in a video so we will see how it goes. I'm complimented on my voice and accent almost on a daily basis at work on the phone tho, so it makes up a bit for the not being very photogenic. I do love your remark about it for sure and will remember it for the rest of my life as an affirmation thought.

And thirdly..... I was trying to avoid Photoshop at all cost!! Hahahah. I'm so very NOT good at PS. Hubby is, but he has no spare time to teach me the tricks of the trade, so to speak, with him already recording and editing and rendering his videos for his own youtube channel.
Also, maybe actually GOING to a REAL Pub and videoing might be an option!!! That might prove to be a VERY interesting video for everyone involved!

Michael Dodd said...

Here's a vote for "Real Pub" fer shure! This could turn into a web series.

Sunny said...

LOL- probably have to turn it into a Pub Crawl with a new Pub each week. Might not be allowed back in after a recording and drinks. LOL