Friday, May 18, 2018

Gone Fishin'......

I wish.

No, this week has been a solo holiday for me. I havent went anywhere- I've stayed home and basically focused on me and whatever I want to do for ME.

I did a bit of house organization, I practiced a bit on my banjo hubby got me for our anniversary, and I did workouts and got my eating plan back in order. I haven't even mentioned or thought about the office(til now and this will be the last time til Monday).

Stress free- except for yesterday when I went into the back room and tried some organizing in there. That venture ended in tears. So, I did what any sane woman would do in that situation- I walked out of the room and shut the door behind me. Out of sight- out of mind. Hubby says he will try  to sort out his part this weekend.... if I'm very very nice to him. I'm not sure what that involves, but if it gets that catastrophe of a room cleaned up and organized- I'm allll for it.

I feel refreshed and rejuvenated.  My mind has been free to wander where it will. I've talked to family members without having to worry about cooking while I do it or what time it is or about having to go to bed because the alarm clock goes off very early in the morning. I sleep in (if I want to which has been about 50% of the time) if I want- I go to bed when I want and I take a nap 1n hour after I wake up if I want.
The only way it could have been better is if hubby was with me (He couldn't get off work because he's an I.T. guy and  deeply involved in the run up to the office move next month)and we were booked into a cabin in the mountains beside a body of water- be it a river, a stream, a lake or pond- or even a pool or hot tub.
Of course, you cant fish in a pool or hot tub.

Ahhhh... well, Maybe next time.




No comments: