Monday, October 01, 2007

Bits & Bobs.......

Wow, this week is off to a booming start.....Starting on Saturday this past weekend!!!

I worked 8 hours on Saturday- my normal day off, and last night I pulled 12 hours, too.
Yesterday morning I went to see my daughter who lives 35 miles away and we spent a few quality hours talking and looking at photos, and we even squeezed in an hour of retail therapy as well before I had to come back home to get ready to go to work.
This morning I came home and slept and then got up and went and ran an errand for my daughter so she wouldn't have to get off work and make the 70 mile round trip this evening during rush hour traffic. I also went and dropped off a birthday card to my Daughter-in-law Marie who turned 24 today!! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE!!!) and we had a lovely quiet visit as well, since Devon was at school and Nicholas was napping.
And I volunteered to cook a turkey roast with dressing and rice for dinner today before I go back to work...well, that is IF the thing is thawed enough to cook by 6 this evening -if not it'll be eggs and toast.
Tomorrow I have to be at Search and Seizure Training Class- and after that I go to a re-training demo on Flexi-cuffs to be re-certified. Then I can come home and sleep a few hours til I have to get up and run OUR errands.
Then on Wednesday, I get to meet my Daughter-in-law Kathy and her mom at her doctors office for her Sonogram to see what the sex of the new baby is!!!!!
****(I think I am finally reaching the second stage of grief- the mad at "god" stage......when I said I would gladly give up something I really really really loved for a grand-daughter...I meant CHOCOLATE-and I'm very sure I made that PERFECTLY clear-but I think maybe god wasn't listening closely....I did NOT mean my son. There's a couple lessons to be learned from this....1)be careful what you ask for...it may not be what you really want, and also-2) don't try to bargain with a higher power- it can only end up in heartache.)*********
Thursday I bring my son to his monthly meeting in Pickens before I come home to sleep.
Then this weekend, I fully plan to clean my house and put things in order for the holidays. As well, I plan to do a bit more Christmas shopping. I have everything planned in my mind so it should be just a few hours of actual shopping to get it all done. I'm spreading it out over the next two months tho- so I should have it all done by before Thanksgiving Day.
Oh- and I also went to East Coast Tattoos and talked with an artist about the tat I wanna get. I can see me getting that tat about the first of February- or maybe after my Birthday....Its gonna cost me just under 200 for it in Black and Grey...and in Color will be about 300. Maybe less....
I told him I'll be back in about 4 months.

Thank goodness that the days and nights are getting cooler. I can actually sleep and feel rested when I wake up.
I LOVE autumn.
Best time of the year if you ask me....

And, YES, my dearest children, We will be having Chili Day very soon. I promise. I may not even wait til the first frost this year...we need to be together sooner than that I think.

Leonard the cat has NOT re-appeared as yet. It's been two weeks now and I think he has probably followed the trail of Malibu and Padme and gone and found another family that suited his needs better.
There is always the chance one of them will come home, someday- and if I had to hope for one to come back, I think I would have to choose it to be Padme- it was the kitty Clay gave us.
I don't foresee it actually happening tho. Malibu has been gone for over two years......Padme for over a year and now Leonard for two weeks.

I Know I said I wasn't going to guess what the new baby is going to be....but I've been guessing babies sex for the parents since I was 7.....and only gotten three wrong. So I am going to go ahead and hazard a guess on my newest addition as well.
Keep in mind I will be joyous with either a boy or a girl......Clay wanted to be the one to give me my Granddaughter that I have wanted for so long and it will be wonderful if that happens(the baby is due on Feb 24th as well- the day before MY birthday!!)...but I think it is a boy. And that will be equally as wondrous because it will be a little Clay.
Whatever the baby is- it will be well loved and cherished.

Well, that's about all I think.............for now.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Interesting that it posted twice- an hour apart AND with two different Titles..... Did i blank out and redo the entire thing orr what?////.......I need my meds.

Terry Chandler said...

You are now entering the twilight zone....doo doo doo doo.....