Sunday, October 28, 2007

Rambling on.......

I wasn't kidding when I said I was tired on Friday. I went to bed as soon as I posted that comment and I slept 26 and a half hours before getting up.

It's been a weird week. We had a vehicle go airborne and hit the sign/gate to the hospital. the car was almost cut in half and that was one big old paperwork mess to deal with. One guy was ejected from the car- the driver broke both his legs. Both were lucky to be alive. It did me no good whatsoever to have to go out there and see that mess and deal with that so soon after Clays accident.

I went to the cemetary today, too. They got Clays headstone in place. It was a really bad idea for me to go there alone. I COMPLETELY lost it. I'm glad no one was visiting at the time, they would have probally called the guys with the straight-jackets had they been. I howled like a wolf on the night of a full moon. And don't apologize for it at all. I needed to cry without abandon- and I did.

I think for Paulius' Birthday we are going to go on a weekend trip somewhere. Maybe Gatlinburg. Maybe somewhere closer. But somewhere not home. We deserve a bit of a get-away. We need it.

I made a pineapple-coconut cake today. The holidays are approaching fast and I have been baking more than usual this past month. Made chocolate oatmeal cookies. Made brownies. Made this cake. Pauli baked an apple pie. And I got the stuff to make Marshmallow Krispie treats too. YUM! I usually make three kinds of those as well- Plain ones, Fruity ones, and Chocolate ones!

Got the little ones Christmas all done. Got scrapbooks for putting some photos in for the kids. I just have to actually get them put together in the next few weeks. I have about half of the adult kids other stuff and our parents to get tho. Paulius wanted a subscription to WoW for his Christmas gift- so I suppose HIS is done as well. I know what I am getting Paulius' Dad- know what I am going to get my mom as well.

I try and get my kids 3 gifts for Christmas. One a sensible gift, One a FUN gift, and the last a sentimental gift.

Yeah, I know I'm kinda rambling. I do that sometimes.
It's one of those kinda days...weeks...months.....years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed your blogs. Welcome back. I enjoyed our chat yesterday.

Hugs, L

Terry Chandler said...

Oooh, I LOVE chocolate oatmeal cookies....send me your recipe...pretty please!
Hugs,
Terry

Sunny said...

Lois-TY- and I enjoyed our chat as well- it was LONG past due!!

Terry-Okies!! It's the no- bake kind....is that the one you like?
I also have a recipe for the baked kind as well!!
And a recipe for chocolate chocolate chip oatmeal cookies- the baked kind.

I'm getting hungry!!