Wednesday, October 08, 2008

He Said-He Said......


Altho I rarely post about politics and Religion because it causes so much turmoil and upset, I'm going to post about it today.
Politics, that is.
Not Religion.

I watched the Presidential Debate last night......

I lasted an hour before I had a headache so bad I had to get Paulius to turn it to another channel. I don't know WHY they couldn't just answer the questions straightforwardly without pointing the finger and feeling the need to take little digs at the other candidate. Nothing BIG, mind you....just little digs.
No fisticuffs or chair throwing, just annoying little digs.
It sounded so third grade it was annoying. And also, like children trying to distract a parent from the issue at hand, they never straightforwardly answered ANY question without going off to another subject that THEY wanted to make a point about after a brief roundabout answer to the original question.
It was terribly disappointing to me and I got little out of it- except the headache.

I have to say I got more OVERALL satisfaction from Obama's answers than I did from McCain's and in my opinion he made slightly less digs than McCain did and he didn't pepper his answers with that annoying "My Friends" phrase that Ray-Ray was talking about in a reply to someone else's blog-post.
On the other hand I liked McCain's answer to the bailout that was approved last week. The Republican candidate said he, as U.S. president, would "instruct his Treasury Secretary to buy up bad loans on homes which have plummeted in value during the U.S. housing crisis. Then the U.S. government would renegotiate the terms of those mortgages so they were affordable."
That is a subject near and dear to my heart as my daughter is one of those people who is in that particular housing crisis.
I also agree that Obama doesn't necessarily have the military experience a Presidential Candidate needs to make sure our country is secure- and McCain is correct in saying that we "don't have time for on the job training".
McCain does have that experience but sometimes I think his answers to our present day military situations are a bit impulsive and wonder if he's a bit TOO military-experienced and influenced. I personally don't want a President who will jump the gun and start WWIII when a peaceful negotiation is possible.

But again.....I only watched for an hour before I turned it off and altho I really was wanting to watch it to settle some of the questions I had about the two candidates, I just couldn't be bothered with anymore of the annoyance of watching them carry on like that. Maybe I should have dealt with the headache and watched the rest of it anyway.
Eh, I'm sure I can find it on somewhere as a re-run and watch the LAST hour of it before the election. I'll just take my headache meds BEFORE watching the rest of it.

A month away and I STILL haven't made up my mind who I'll be voting for.

Sad. So Sad.

4 comments:

Terry Chandler said...

In my opinion, debates don't prove anything. Each candidate is too busy trying to give people the answer they think we want. And they really can't promise anything, as all decisions also have to be passed by congress. I'm not fond of either candidate at this point.

Two B's said...

I'm right there with you sista!
Now that Hillary is not running I have NO idea what to do. Can I write her in, at least I'll feel better when I walk out knowing I cast vote but not for either of these two knuckle-heads!

Paulius said...

Voting always comes down to not voting for the candidate you like the most, but the one you dislike the least.

It's basically like choosing between being shot or stabbed.

Sunny said...

So Sweetie,if that's the way it ALWAYS is, WHY in God's name did you encourage me to start freaking voting?????

Is this PAYBACK for annoying you?