Thursday, October 16, 2008

Party Animals.....

Well, I'm gearing up for our Halloween party full blast now.

Paul and I Both have our outfits planned- I just need to actually put mine together now. His is hanging in the bedroom waiting to be worn.

I went today and bought a bunch(as in two plastic grocery sacks full) more candy for the goody bags for the kids to take home. I also got the goody bags and some Halloween cups to use for favors for the kids.
I got some headstones for the yard- and I'm getting Paul to do a few more with a different type material.......I think we're going to have a LOT of fun doing this party this year.

Paulius and I have been following a social-isolation program with Buddy to re-establish alpha status with him. For 48 hours we had to completely ignore him (Except to let him out and feed him)no matter what he did to try and grab our attention. And believe me- he tried his BEST to grab it. We succeeded in not making any kind of eye contact and ignoring his antics.
He was terribly confused that we didn't seem to know he was there demanding our attention.
But when we came in from running errands today he let us walk in the house and then calmly followed us instead of practically knocking us down to get in before we came in. Now I know what to do to gain control of our house back so WE rule instead of the dog.

I was so impressed with the results that I bought one of those Pedi-paws to use to clip his nails, now that I have more than a glimmer of hope that he may be with us for his NATURAL lifespan. Getting him used to it is going to be another process in itself too. But I have faith.
He's not too sure about what's come about in his house for him to lose control but he'll get used to it.

I got a surprise today when I got my payroll check.
It seems we have a new pay-scale based on our Rank, How long we've been employed by the Company, and the Site we work at. Seeing as how I brought home a hundred dollars more than I normally would have under the old pay-scale, I think I'm doing pretty well!!
Good thing too because right On Cue- my car is acting up again.........I can't figure out what the problem with it is...It FEELS like it's the Transmission slipping, but it the again it feels like it may be a fuel injection problem- but it SOUNDS like it may be a valve problem.

Have I mentioned I detest new cars? I should have kept my 65 Mustang or my 72 Challenger because there wasn't a single thing I couldn't' fix on THEM- and what's more I could practically climb under the hood and sit on the motor to fix the damn things. Elbow room...and plenty of it!
Yeah- I CAN work on my own cars........well, til they came up with these damn computer controlled bast-u-ards. And what makes it even worse.....I went by the local Auto-Zone to get them to hook up the Electronic Diagnostic Scanner to my car and Son of a Biscuit-Eater if they didn't tell me they couldn't do it cause the EDS's only worked on cars made from '96 on and mines a '94.

Well, just bend me over and don't even bother to kiss me first. Figures. The freaking story of most of my life, don't cha know!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!

Well, it could be worse, I suppose.
Lots worse.

On the UPSIDE of Life- After Halloween I can start getting ready for Christmas and singing Christmas songs!!!!!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

No comments: