Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Questions on B&W & FLOATERS.....WTH?????

My day/night has NOT went well.

First, I tried to nap for a few minutes before having to go to work....and in 14 minutes- got 6 phone calls. SIX!!!!!
One was from my baby bro- which I didn't mind at all.....but the rest were from stupid political places wanting me to vote for their candidate....
NOW I remember why I didn't want to get involved with the political scene.
With my Mom's health like it is- and since my Dad's and Clays leaving- I can't bring myself to ignore that many calls in a row....and I don't like unplugging the phone either- so after getting that many calls in as many minutes- I wasn't sleepy anymore- I was just Pissed off.

So I got up and I can't even remember what I DID do til time to go to work......Oh wait- Paul and I sat down together and looked over the play-list for RB(see his Post) and chose an hours worth of songs that we liked.....and I agree with him- the play-list isn't all that impressive.
Then I got ready to go to work......and lo and behold- I couldn't find my access badge. I KNOW I had all my stuff together on the desk- but that badge had ran and HID somewhere and was NOT willing to make the trip to work with me. So after almost running myself late- I finally had to go to work without it.
Meaning......when I GOT to work- I had to wait on someone to come to the front of the building so I could gain access to my job. Once I was INSIDE the building it wasn't a problem-it was just getting IN that I was worried about.
Luckily for me- the guy I was relieving for duty always hands off the equipment and keys at the main reception desk so he can make a faster getaway when his shift is over!
I would have been up Pooh Creek had we done so in the Security Office down in the basement.

Anyway, I get there, and the girls inform me that the elevator had been acting up again- and so I wrote a report up about that............the night went slowly- except for the time I spent with Karen and Kelly eating dinner together and catching up and having a laugh. I work with the best crew of Girls!!!

About 4AM tho- I had a bit of a scare....and I have no idea what was happening to me.

I was sitting down- having just finished my walk about the building- and as I was sitting there everything went from color- to black and white....my sight, that is. And when that happened, It felt as tho I was floating kind of above myself and then all the sudden I was dizzy but when the dizziness passed I was seeing in color and after a couple minutes, I felt fine again.

Any ideas on WTH that was all about?

Anyway, it's finally cold down here......The temps got down to 33 tonight- and will be SUB-freezing tonight if all goes well.


Looks like maybe the kids might get their chili for Halloween after all! I refuse to make it until after the first frost of the season- but I always make it the first weekend after the first frost. That doesn't stop them from starting to campaign for it a month ahead of time, tho......


I love my kids! Every Last One of 'Em.

Anyway, I'm FINALLY home and as soon as I walked in I found my badge......on my other jacket Lapel- at least I KNOW I have it for tonight!
Then I read a note from my darling hubby saying our big dumb mutt had -YET AGAIN- snapped his metal cable and that we need to buy a new one before I go to work this evening.....
I suggest we either shoot him- or turn him out without the cable and hope he "turns cat" on us and "R-U-N-N-S O-F-F" like they all did.
We would get SO much more rest that way, but I suppose he'll not hear of it and we'll end up going to get another cable for the big doofus.
Bah- aminals.

Eh-Things could be a LOT worse!

1 comment:

Terry Chandler said...

Sunny,
Call your doctor immediately!
That does not sound good at all to me. Your eyesight is not something to mess around with.
Terry