Friday, August 28, 2009

What I Did On My Summer Vacation.


Remember the first day back at grammar school that was ALWAYS the first thing they gave you as a homework assignment in English class?
It became such a routine assignment that when I was excited about going BACK to school(yeah, I was one of those kids) I would do my essay on "Summer Vacation"the day BEFORE classes started just to pass the time away.

I miss the smell of the schoolrooms...except for gym class...ugh.

Anyway, Altho my weeks vacation isn't completely over yet- so far it's been a real mixture of work and relaxation. I got ONE of the three rooms I was planning on spring-cleaning or "purging" done. The smallest one I might add, but since I only had my car to haul the donations and trash off with- it was good. Every little bit helps, you know. And I found a couple things that I had been looking for for a couple of years. Yeah- when I say the room was "packed" I actually mean it was PACKED from the floor to the roof with boxes upon boxes of stuff. Now- there's like 5 smallish boxes left. Yay Me!!
I want to thank Frank- my eldest son, for coming over and helping me with that job. He's going to be helping me with the other rooms as well soon too. I figure a room a day on one of my long weekends a month will get it done by winter. Again, Yay me!!

I've went a lot of places, trying to help Frank get settled and him and his wife find a new place to live. They have been living with Marie's mom for the past few months and it's just NOT working out. They need their own place. All married couples/families do. But the pace has been not hurried at all, and I've enjoyed the company with them immensely. The baby is holding his head up now and looks more like his daddy every day! Such a cutie- but then all my boys are!! Biased? I think SO!!!! I'm going to have some photos made of them soon- so I'll post them when I get them so you can see just how handsome the Lot is!!!

Paul and I were planning to head towards either Charleston (the beach) or Pigeon Forge(the mountains) today for an overnighter-or just a daytrip-whichever. But fate has intervened yet again and tripped us up. Yesterday I got up, went to the gas station and re-fueled, got back in my car, and it wouldn't start for love nor money. After trying for about 10 minutes with no success, I finally asked somone to give me a jump-start and when it was running, I picked Frank up and we headed straight to AutoZone. There they put their little machine on it and as I and Frank expected- the battery was bad. So I ended up buying a new battery for 70 dollars. Ouch.

Well, There went our overnighter- but we could still do the daytrip! So we go by the house, pick Paul up and proceed to grab a bite of lunch before taking Frank back to his sisters house. As we come out of the restaurant, I glanced at my left front tire and notice what looks like little bubbles of tar...WTHeck?....I look closer- it's the re-cap seperating from the tire. On both sides of the tire.
Damn.... I mean DANG. (Trying to stop swearing- actually having an easy time of it too)So off we head to the tire shop for a new tire. Sigh.

Then ,I go to take my meds- I only have two Nexium left- so I NOW also have to get my script filled today.
So- no trips at all for us for the rest of my vacation. Guess we'll just have to stay home and do stuff like........play games together. Maybe I'll get Paul to play Rock band or Halo with me. That would make him happy and maybe I might learn to like those things as well. He hasn't had a vacation in 5 years either and I shouldn't be selfish about how I wanna spend it. Have I mentioned that since my sister loaned us her riding lawn mower(She downsized to an apartment and has no yard to use it on or no place to store it) Paul has been keeping the yard almost immaculately groomed? We're actually getting grass in the driveway now! And the yard grass is becoming worthy of Golf course status.

I've been reading all the interviews that a fellow blogger has been posting on his blog the past couple weeks. I've learned a lot about men by reading them too. And guess what? Evan 08 has interviewed me as well!!!!! It was nothing like what I thought it would be. He asked a few questions that really made me do some hard thinking before answering them.( I almost had a headache from thinking so much the first day...LOL...What... you thought I was JOKING when I said thinking too much makes my head hurt???). I have no idea when he will post the interview- but I highly recommend you check him out whether he posts it or not. I found him about 4 years ago when he/we first started blogging and have been a daily reader ever since......not that he posts EVERY day- he's a BUSY guy after all, but he has some really interesting stuff on there. Like I said- I've learned a LOT.

I haven't been playing my FB games much. I've only been on the computer a minimal amount of time this week- altho I'm sure Paul will think otherwise. It seems like as soon as I pick the computer up- he walks into the room wanting to do something with me. LOL. Sok- he can interupt my computer time ANYDAY.

Well, I think that's about it for now....no telling what the weekend will bring. Whatever it is- you can be sure you'll hear about it sooner or later!!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND Guys!!!

1 comment:

Michael Dodd said...

The back-to-school essay thing reminds me of the summer I was 14. I learned to slalom ski (on water, of course!), learned to drive and worked on my grandfather's farm doing all sorts of interesting stuff. I looked forward to FINALLY being able to write an essay that had some cool stuff in it. So that year -- no essay! We were in high school now and had more serious things to do.

Bummer!