Friday, October 15, 2010

The Kitchen Witch Rides Again.


Probably not going to have a Pod-Cast this week on Watermelon Helmet. We're having some serious Computer issues with our desk-top, PLUS we've been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off with some personal business and we both are just drained- both physically and mentally- at this point. I was in the perfect mood to do one on things that piss me off or annoy me- but I'm afraid Paul wouldn't have gotten to talk at all and we would have had to title it The Bitchy Witch....so we just decided to let it go this week....we'll be back next week tho- full force.

I can't wait.

Isn't this Autumn turning out to be wonderful??? We had our cold front move in last night- I mean Paul and i was sitting relaxing, and all of the sudden the temp PLUMMETED about 10 degrees in the matter of a couple of minutes. It was like a scene out of "Day After Tomorrow"....Freaky.

Our cats, Logan & Lucy, continue to terrorize us with their antics....yet somehow manage to entertain us enough that we don't want to choke them....most of the time. Now they have picked up an annoying habit of getting all up under you when you head anywhere NEAR the kitchen...or even just look like you might be thinking about going there. But then....Logan did save me from a terrible death that time when he killed the copperhead in my kitchen, - so he can annoy me all he likes. Lucy has saved me from nothing except......well, nothing actually. So she better not push it.

My daughter, Julie,*waves to Julie* called me the other night telling me she was having a problem with Christopher's Birthday cake.*waves to Christopher* She said he finally told her he wanted a cake with the following items on it...Scoobie Doo, Bats, Pumpkins, and ghosts. She said she called everywhere and the most reasonable price she could find for someone to do it is 45 dollars. OMFingG!!!! It's FLOUR, MILK, SUGAR and EGGS, people!!! 25 dollars I could see charging- but Jeebus Crisp!!!!!
So I told her to give me a day and I would see if I could help her out. Karen and I at work *waves to Karen* did a little research during our lunch break- and I decided I could do the cake for Julie. I found a coloring page with a relatively simple Scoobie Doo drawing I can use for a template in the lower right corner of the cake. Then I found a Haunted house drawing I can use for a background in the upper left of the cake. I already have some Halloween sprinkles that have bats and ghosts I can put all around the Haunted House and for the pumpkins...I got a big bag of those creme candy Pumpkins and am making a big ole Pumpkin patch below the haunted house along the pathway leading up to the house.
I'll take a pic and post it here when it's finished.It's the biggest challenge I've had since Paul asked for a Spider-Man Cake for HIS Birthday a few years ago.

I made my Niece's Birthday cake earlier this week and brought it to her. It was one of the most awesome and EASY cakes I have EVER made. I used my own Cream-Cheese Pound Cake recipe and then just got a tub of ready-made vanilla frosting and added a HUGE scoop of peanut-butter to it and mixed it up and then thick-glazed it over the cake. I then made a simple ganache from a bar of milk chocolate, vanilla and cream, and drizzled it over the top of the peanut-butter glaze. I think I added a bit too much chocolate- but Tiffany LOVED it and it tasted like absolute HEAVEN, so I'm not complaining.

Next one I make I'm putting a Maple Glaze on it tho. That's an AUTUMN or Thanksgiving Treat!!!
Chilli time is coming too. I got all the stuff I need for it as soon as our first frost hits. I'm soooo looking forward to it.

Hmmmmm.....Maybe I'm not in as witchy a Mood now after a good nights sleep- but there still won't be a Podcast....Unfortunately, we are still having the computer issues and all our Podcast programs are on the one that's screwed up. So.......until next week, Kids!!!!
Have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You covered a lot of ground today girl. I do hope you have a wonderful weekend. I will be leaving sunday on our cruise and will return the next saturday so I will have some catching up to do.
Odie