Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunny & The Best Laid Plans ...........

Last week Paulius played a nasty practical joke on me. Not anything too big- but it rocked my world.

In our family, I am the one who plays practical jokes and he is the one who says to me..."Grow Up."

Anyway, that was last week. I let it slide and told him that was pretty weird. But we all got a good chuckle out of it and went on with our day to day routines.

Or so I thought. I just couldn't get over the fact that I had been GOT. I have only been GOT twice in my life before now. And it bugs the daylights out of me when it happens because I pride myself on being EXTREMELY observant. I notice things that no one else catches and then I point them out to everyone. I suppose it serves me right for being such a smart-ass.

Anyway- A little over a week has passed and this morning I thought to myself- "Now is the time for PAYBACK".

Yeah. Uh-huh.

So I go to the kitchen sink and tape the sprayer trigger down with clear cellophane tape. I position it so it is pointing directly at myself and then wipe everything down and walk off. It has a wide spray radius so it will soak his whole front. PERFECT!!!!!

EVIL, EVIL, EVIL LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I go into the living room to watch a bit of TV. Then I go to the store and buy a bag of ice and a gallon of milk and come home. I put the groceries away and then decide that I will go ahead and put the roast in the oven so when Paulius gets up dinner will be about ready to serve. I am starving.

You see where this is going, don't you?

Yep, completely forgetting about my little joke, I walk over to the sink to rinse off the cutting knife-(it was already clean, but I am a bit OCD and I rinse them off every time I get ready to use a knife or a pan of any sort)- and turn the water on full force.

"DAMMITT!!!!" I shriek. I don't see how THAT didn't wake him up. But it didn't, and I looked at the front of my shirt and shorts which are dripping wet and I just have to start laughing. My son comes into the kitchen, looks at me, looks at the sink and then turns around and walks off laughing and shaking his head. He grew UP with my shenanigans- he doesn't have to ask what happened- he KNOWS.

I know- I know....That serves me right for trying to pull the same prank on Paulius that he pulled on me.

Well, I dried off, changed clothes-(I can't stand wet clothes of any kind- including swimsuits) and the went back into the kitchen to finish putting on the roast.

And did the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN!!!!!

I. Kid. You. NOT.

I turned on the water full force, shrieked like a banshee again, and this time I just sat down and laughed til tears ran down my face.


I can't believe I did that TWICE to MYSELF.

I'm staying out of the kitchen until he gets up.....I mean it.

1 comment:

Paulius said...

Ha ha!

Owned