Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sigh................................................

Well, sorry guys, I have been under the weather recently.
I cant figure out if it's allergies- a bad cold-the flu-or bronchitis.

I do know I'm going to have to go to the doc soon if it doesn't clear up.
Because I cant stay in bed or off work just because I feel bad.

Paulius and I have had an up and down week.

Today is the 1st anniversary of my dad's death- I was supposed to go to the cemetery with my mom but can't since I'm sick. Only good thing to come out of the being sick deal. I can't deal with the drama of reliving my Dads funeral. Once was enough. That's not to say I haven't been to visit his grave site since he passed away- I have, quite a few times- it's just that I don't want to be around the rest of the family when I do. Mine is a private kind of grief- not one for show to prove how much I loved my Dad. He knows I worshiped the ground he walked on and even tho I know I disappointed him many times in my life He still loved me the same as I did him.

************************************************

Paulius still hasn't received his Green Card yet- but he did receive his verification letter to say he had been approved and that the actual card would be arriving within a few days. It's the first time we have received one of those official letters that we've been happy about it. Usually every time one of those things arrive we have to re-arrange schedules and I end up taking time off from work and we end up paying out loads of money for fees or certified copies of something or some such deal.
We're breathing a HUGE sigh of relief that it's all over and now we can be a somewhat normal couple who's not afraid that any tiny misstep will land him on a plane and us separated. You have no idea what the process is like unless you've been thru it yourself and it is one scary thing to do. Most couples hire an attorney to wade thru the process for them- but we did everything on our own without legal aid of any type. If I knew in the beginning what I know now- we would have hired the professional to help us git-er done. But that's water under the bridge now- and we can be normal.
**************************************************

Speaking of normal...........Paulius is now regretting his decision to mention SL to me- Now I know a lot of people on here are probably getting tired of all these blog posts about SL this and SL that. But I am one of those people who don't give a rats butt about playing computer games. But I went on there to make my hubby happy and give something HE enjoys a try. Just to say I tried it.
Well, now I'm on there when I come in from work for at least a couple hours, I go to sleep and then since I'm usually up and hour or so before HE gets up- I'm on there when he wakes up. On the weekends I pretty much stay on there all day on Friday after I get off work- well, until he wakes up anyway, and then he gets on for a few hours. The Saturday & Sunday I get up about 6:30 AM to let the whining dog out and so while I'm waiting I turn on the comp and start playing and get a couple-few hours in while Paulius is still in bed. And so when he gets up he goes on for another few hours himself. He also is on a good few hours when I'm at work every weeknight. At first when I wasn't playing it- I was complaining about him being on too much and not spending time together as a couple....Well, the tides have turned my dears!! Now it seems to him like I'm on when he goes to bed on the weekends- and on when he gets up- which is true enough, but I haven't been on all night long. I LOVE that game- I don't have time for RL friends because of the crazy hours I work and the insane amount of time we've had to devote to all that aforementioned paperwork, but in my home sitting at my desk I have made the best friends of my life with the exception of THREE persons. And two of THOSE I met while on the WW online chat. And, as you well know by now- even Paulius and I met online!!!!
In SL I have all the money I need to go guilt free shopping with my friends whenever I want- no bills to pay on there- just dance-shop- and make friends. I can buy all the things I want to and not have to carry anything to the car- or unload it at my house- it all goes into my inventory as soon as I pay for it and I can take things out as and if I need them. I don't have to worry about giving anyone a lift- and if someone comes online and wants to join me wherever i am- I Teleport them to my destination and vice-versa. And the best parts of the whole thing are that I have the perfect body- the perfect hair and bestest of ALL- I CAN FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have probably 50 or 60 friends in my friends list and I love each and every one of their company. There is no bickering amongst them- well most of them. And with just a couple of exceptions everyone has been as nice and generous as can be.
If only RL worked like SL does it would be great. I have a great job on there- I don't have to follow a schedule like Misty does- If i wanna work, I do- if i don't I just don't. Sure there are rules to follow in there if you don't wanna get banned from places- but those rules are bent as far as possible to ensure you have a great time in that little world.
I told Paulius that I detest my RL job, but it makes it soooo much easier to tolerate when I have my SL job that makes me so much more money(even tho it isn't really negotiable in RL..YET) and where the people are always so nice and care for each other.
SL isn't much different than my Blog friends either- only difference is that SL is real-time chat instead of posted comments. And I luvz you guys a lot as well.
Anyway- my point was- paulius seems to be regretting telling me about SL and I just want him to know I totally understand how he's feeling, but it's his own fault, and it's exactly the way I felt before I started playing it a month or so ago.
....(Altho in HIS defense I have to say he wouldn't play very much at all on Friday or Saturday nights because it's my off nights- but in MY defense it's the only NIGHTS I have to play and get to be in the thick of things going on- usually when I'm on it's during the slow times when everyone else is still abed or in school and such as that.)

........what's that saying?????

Be careful what you ask for- you just might get it????
*************************************************

Anyway, I must go now. My darling hubby wants to write a blog-post.

5 comments:

Sunny said...

Sigh..... Bloody hell- published before I stopped the spellcheck and look what happened.

I'm not doing it over- and it wouldn't auto correct once I had published.

sigh.........

Me, Not You said...

I suggest a second computer... then you and he can spend time together in SL.

Signed,
Another SL-addict

Sunny said...

Well, enigma- we are working on that- but when one of us is in SL on the comp now the other of us is usually in a chair sitting next to each other.
Same thing as being with each other- we DO spend time together- we discuss RL stuuf while we're playing the game.

misty harley said...

Hugs to you with the anniversary of your dad's death. Tough one...and I hope you feel better all the way around.

I hope that card comes soon...waiting is annoying (at least for me anyway)

And don't knock my scheduled job man! ;O) At least I'll have something to do while the man snores. Before, I would just lay there listening to him and wondering if I could plead guilty due to snoring insane ;O).

He's always been the game addict too. He's not so much regretting me finding SL as much as he is wondering why he didn't find it first. He won't sign up right now because he doesn't want to take "my" time away. Plus, this leaves him free to finish a game on PS2 that has been kicking his butt for over a year.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about visiting the cemetary with family it just dosn't seem right.. when i go i usually have someone take me who will stay in the car and give me time alone... my mom's 20th anniversry is coming up soon... hugs to you and hope you get feeling better soon!!! One of the days when i get rich and get DSL i am so going to try SL LOL