Friday, February 02, 2007

BLOODY Hell!!

I FAILED my endurance test at work this morning.

I was tired form my asinine boss waking me up by calling me at home just to tell me I HAD to come in to work last night and getting me so wound up being an ass that i couldn't go back to sleep and rest properly.

The test was pretty simple too. It consisted of getting up 8 flights of stairs in under a min and a half. I made it to the last flight and my asthma kicked in. My throat closed up like a vise and I had to be given an inhaler from the ER.

The good news is I can re-test in 30 days. The bad news is- that will be my last chance to re-test soI damn well better be able to pass it then.

How have I gotten so out of shape that I can't do 8 flights of stairs. I walk up and down 19 flights of stairs at work 5 nights a week. That's in addition to walking approximately 4 miles of hallways. Granted, those stairs are at opposite ends of 5 buildings- but still, I should be able to do the stairs with no probs.

I suppose will have to get off work at my site and then stop off at the main hospital and try those stairs every workday til I have to re-test.
Like they don't have enough of my time as it is.
On the upside- As soon as I pass the tests- (Endurance & Written) I will get a raise. WOOT.

Hell- it might be worth it.
On the other hand- If I DON'T pass it next time round- they will put me somewhere I won't have to do much of anything.

Hmmmmmmmm....That sorta sounds like a WIN-WIN Situation , now doesn't it?

3 comments:

lolly said...

Ok, well, I would fail! No question. I would flat out fail!

Btw, are you EVER going to update the link tome in your sidebar????

Sunny said...

I sure am-just as soon as pauli finds time to do it sweetness!!
hahahaha!i don't know how to do techie stuff.

Hugz!

MC Etcher said...

Glad you're ok! I'm sure you'll pass it next time!