Friday, July 17, 2009

Ahem............well.

So......First of all, let me apologise for the rant yesterday....I'm scared and stressed and completely lost it for a while.


That being said........ in 30 minutes I'll be going off to the hospital for my procedures/tests.

I'm bleeping scared out of my mind- which means that there's a 99.99999999999% chance everything will go okay and when they do the EGD they won't find anything more than the hiatal hernia and ulcer I already KNOW I have, and then with the colonoscopy, maybe a case of hemorrhoids that I didn't have til I took that darn laxative crap for the cleanse/purge.

Everyone told me that the colonic cleanse/purge was the worst thing ever. I didn't personally think it was that bad- certainly nothing worse than I've been experiencing on my own for the past month. No, it wasn't THAT end that bothered me.

It was having to mix the Miralax powder with Bleeping GATORADE. I hate- and when I say HATE I mean HATE as in "detest & didn't care if it disappered from the face of the earth tommorow-wish-it-had-never-been-invented "type HATE Gatorade- it just tastes like colored salt water to me. And even tho I started out with the BEST of attitudes, even commenting that Gatorade must have changed their formula because it wasn't nearly as bad tasting as I remembered it, after only four glasses of the concoction- I threw up. Luckily, I had PLENTY of the stuff left to produce the "end" result required.

So now I'm headed off for a lovely morning of poking and proding and being stuck with needles and (the REALLY lovely part) being given a shot of Delauded.

I'm especially looking forward to eating after the procedures since I haven't eaten anything solid in over 35 hours and can probably add at LEAST 5 more hours to it by the time everything is done and I can eat again.

I'm thinking......Texas Roadhouse for some of their Yummy Sirloin tips and mashed potatoes.

I'll probably end up wih scrambled eggs and toast instead tho.
It's just how I roll.

Wish us luck....no- wish us GOOD luck.
(I'm being a bit more specific this time)......

1 comment:

MC Etcher said...

Good Luck!! Be well!