Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Father's Day

OMG- I just asked Joan what was planned for Father's Day. She said they don't do anything special... Glenn's boys get him a card- sometimes a gift. No BBQ- no Party- No fishing trip....
WTH?????

Mother's Day for me has always meant the family gathering for church(when we was little), then a nice dinner with the entire family there- or at the very LEAST- a Card and gift- a visit to see MOM and taking her out to dinner or lunch.

Father's Day has always been a card or a gift, and a BBQ if the weather permits- or a potluck dinner of Daddy's favorite foods brought and enjoyed together if the weather didn't permit a BBQ. Family was EVERYTHING to my Daddy. Nothing pleased him more than having us with him on his special day.

I just don't understand these people!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad to say my dear, you are not in SC any more.

Sunny said...

Ain't THAT the truth, Odie.