Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Old Gray Mare........

I KNOW I told hubby that I wouldnt re-arrange the furniture once we got it all in, but now that I've lived with the furniture in the space, I see a SOOOOO much more logical and convenient way to place it. And all because I want us to be able to use the KINECT in the living room.
Only problem is-The Old Gray Mare, she aint what she used to be......... There's so much electronic equipment and heavy furniture, I need his help- and he's not co-operating.
I even tried the "Awww- I was JOKING, I thought you KNEW that!" ploy, but it aint flying. He's making me keep my WORD. Bleh. That's no fun.
Okay, so this is our livingroom now. Still not completed. We still have to hang the movie posters on the walls....after we find 6 or 7 we can agree on....

Anyway, what I want to do is just shift everything slightly. I want the TV to go where the bookcase with the plant on it is. I want all the bookshelves to go where the TV is with the small chest thats barely visible in the lower right hand corner of the photo in the middle of the bookshelves.
The cinema seating sofa would be shifted a few feet to the right so its angled/curved into the corner of the room,1) making the seating area not visible to the front door and 2) giving us more space between it and the TV/GAMING CONSOLE/KINECT. The gaming chair would go in front of the smaller window on the right and the two small side tables would go beside the ends of the sofa...Of course.

I have it all figured out. And I know once it got all put in place he would agree it works better....but like most men, he doesn't like change, and he definately doesn't like moving furniture.

Oh well. Maybe I'll EVENTUALLY be able to talk him into trying it that way. If not, I guess I'll just have to try and learn to live with it the way it is.




 

6 comments:

Dianne @ Sweet Journey Home said...

I love your apartment - especially the tall, bay windows! The chairs look so comfortable! I tried rearranging my desk the other day (with all the computer electronics!) then when it was all over decided I liked it better the way it was before! ;-)

Sunny said...

I've done that too. and That's one reason I'm not really pushing the re-arrange thing with hubby.....yet. The TV will be backlit if we put it under the window.

What I'd REALLY like to do(and suggested at first) is put the seating IN the bay window and the TV on the wall where the picture was taken from...centered. But if we do that- the heating(old style radiators) will be behind the sofa and I'm afraid the room will be too cold during the wintertime. And hubby vehemently opposed that arrangement!!!!
sigh....

And TY Dianne. I LOVE the big tall windows in our place, too. The bedroom has one tall single window and the den has TWO tall windows in it too!! LOVE the sunshine and the openess of them all!!

Soft Surroundings coupon said...

Good luck.

Unknown said...

nice apartment... i'll have one too...

Evan 08 said...

You don't want the TV to go where the bookcase with the plant is. You will have to deal with backlighting issues, which means that you'll have to constantly open and close the drapes when you want to watch TV. Furthermore, plants belong by the window.

Sunny said...

LOL- TY Evan.......& that's exactly what Paul said too. Backlighting issues. Like I said- I REALLY want to have the sofa in the bay window and the TV and games consoles on the wall on the other side of the room, but he doesnt like that idea either. I'm not all that bothered anyway, to be honest. I'm just glad to have a place of our OWN!!! :-)