Thursday, June 15, 2006

My Contribution To The Recipe Pool

Well, Since everyone else is giving their recipes to us I thought I would share my recipe for the summer.

It's the only real summer thing I "cook" besides Banana Pudding.

Teriaki-Honey Mustard Chicken Ceasar Salad:

*Ceasar Salad Mix
*Teriaki Chicken-(2 teaspoons butter or margerine melted in frying or satue pan. Add enough chicken to make you happy- add 1/2 cup teriaki sauce and cover. Cook until chicken is cooked thru, turning about every 3-4 minutes. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside to cool)
*Cheese(I prefer extra sharp cheddar finely shredded)
*Honey- Mustard Salad Dressing

1) Put salad mix in large chilled bowl(DON'T add the ceasar dressing to this recipe) and sprinkle a little Romano or Parmasean cheese over the top. Put in fridge in bowl.

2)Cook chicken. When cooled, add to salad mix. Add Honey mustard salad dressing to chicken/salad mix and toss lightly.
Don't add too much dressing at this point.

3)Dish onto salad plates and top with cheese and more dressing if you like it thick.

*You can add tomatoes and cucumbers and onions if you like a garden salad more than ceasar.

BTW- DON'T add the ceasar dressing to this recipe- it's NOT good combined with the honey-mustard dressing.

That's it. It's easier than it reads once you make it once.

1 comment:

OzzyC said...

Sounds tasty. I think I'll need to ask the wife to make it.