Thursday, June 29, 2006

Raining Cats and Dogs!!!!!

Paulius has told you of our new zoo status.

Things just keep getting more and more bizzare.

Malibu, our Maine Coon Cat, went to live with my son when he moved out. However, the past couple days she has been back on our porch and running in the house every time the door is opened.

Mama Kitty(also known as Princess) has begun sneaking out to hunt-at least I HOPE it's to hunt- I refuse to adopt anymore stray kittens.
I am at my limit now.
Okay, anyway,so Malibu was mine but when Paulius came over and we got married she got a bad case of jealousies. Then we tried to adopt Cody, a Golden retiever mix, who belonged to my youngest son and then Malibu decided to be an outside kitty and no amount of cajoling could get her near us. Then Cody left and went back to live with my son again. He's very happy there. Then same son had a stray mom cat adopt them and had several litters of babies. He gave us the one remaining baby kitty and thus Padme was ours.
Then that cute little puppy wandered onto our porch and nobody claimed him so we adopted the little ball of fluff. Now he's a big galub- and a clumsy one at that who is as red as the day is long. Still has those cute puppy-dog eyes tho that can melt your heart. then Mama Kitty-Princess shows up and we did a pretty good job of ignoring her until she dropped the load of babies on our porch.
Paulius is one of the most tender-hearted people I have ever met when it comes to animals. Never mind that those animals are OUTSIDE animals and for hundreds of generations have fended for themselves in the outdoors- these particular kittens were born on our porch and he feels responsible for them.
Okay. Fair enough. I understand.
They're cute and cuddly and I enjoy having them and Paulius being happy. It's the least I can do considering he moved 3,857 miles to be with me and had to leave his Border Collie, Jake, behind.

I swear, tho, the next animal we get is going to be another Miniture Daschund for ME.
I had one but had to find a home for him when I moved into a building that wouldn't allow pets. Plus I was working 12 hour shifts at the PD and sleeping the rest of what I wasn't working or traveling back and forth to work and it wasn't fair to Rudy to never have any attention from me except for Big hellos and frantic goodbyes when i came home from work and left for work, not to mention the daily feeding and weekly bath times on my occasional day off. I loved him too much for that and so found a home with a family that had a little girl that seemed to love him as much as I did.
I still miss my Rudolph Valentino Jar-Jar Binks. And when we are able- I want another. Another won't replace him, but I hope to love this one as much as I did Rudy.

The baby kitten - who Paulius has named "Scratch-Fury" is as cute as can be. He's about twice the size now that he was in the pic Paulius posted on his blog a week or so ago- only now he looks like he's swallowed a golf ball...almost a tennis ball. He is eating all the time if his mom is in with him. He can't stand- hell, he can't even crawl because his belly is so big. I told Paulius we should have named him Elvis-TLY(The Later Years). Or Crisco(Lard-butt).

Oh well.
More animal updates Later.......

No comments: