Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Little Dis- A Little Dat.....

On cellphones:

Boy they get me started. People who drive 5 MPH while they're talking on them.
People who don't pay attention at ALL when they're talking on them. People who talk loudly on them in the restraunt- Hang the hell up and concentrate. I don't care who you're talking to- or what you're talking about.
You're annoying and it really pisses me off when you do this.
I actually sat thru 3 red lights one day while the stupid cow in front of me chatted on her phone and rummaged thru her purse for something. After the third light I got out of my truck- walked up to her window, jerked the cellphone out of her hand, hung it up and then threw it back in the window and told her to pull the F over and get out of my way.
I know- it was VERY risky and I'm not sure I would do it again if I had time to think about it- but I was having a really bad day that day and I just acted. I used to HAVE a cellphone and I know how distracting they are. I also had got one that had a zillion features on it and could never get to it to answer it when it rang, nor could I ever get a signal when i NEEDED to use the phone- so now my lovely, convenient expensive cellphone is lying at the bottom of Saluda River because I got fed up with it and flung it over the railing .

Yeah- I have a temper.
If by some chance I ever decide to get another cellphone- I'll get one that is a BASIC cellphone. No zillion features- just a plain, cellphone to make calls from and recieve calls on.
**********************************************************************
On Moving:

Okay, Unlike MC & Cindy, I WANT to move. I am looking forward to it. I want to be away from all the problems and annoyances.
I think my kids can take care of themselves and their families. My mom is another matter. I moved here when my dad was really sick and mom had just been diagnosed as Diabetic, and thought I would be of some help to her and Dad.

At first I was- but then it became increasingly difficult to do anything for them. Now, since Daddy is gone, Mom is impossible to please. She whines about never having any help- but when we offer, she finds excuses to not do anything. Then when it's most inconvenient, she decides to want help again. Even tho she knows when we CAN & CANT do things for her. She complains constantly about whichever kid isn't there when we visit. I know she has to do it to the others as well if she's doing it with me.
If I can't be a help- then I will not be a hinderance either.

I know moving won't mke these issues go away- but it will be easier to ignore them or put them out odf my mind from a distance.
*************************************************************************

Paulius and I are having a great couples weekend. We swore we were going to turn off the phone, lock the door and TOTALLY ignore the world this weekend. We haven't QUITE been able to do that, but it's been a much quieter weekend so far.

First, My sister had an accident on Wednesday and totaled her car. She has no way to go and is pretty banged up so yesterday I took her to get her med scripts filled and to get some plumbing supplies for the house my son is remodeling for her.
My son has no water until he gets said plumbing repaired so he has come over a couple times to use the bathroom facilities and shower.

Paulius has been very understanding about these problems and altho he wanted a family-free weekend he has been very gracious about being intruded upon.
I know you all are probally thinking"What's the big deal about family free weekend?"....well consider this....
Paulius lived in the U.K. He moved a very LONG way to be with me a little over two years ago. Since we married there has been one disaster after another where circumstances called for someone in the family moving in with us on a "temporary" basis- two weeks being the usual said amount of time.....which always stretches into several weeks or MONTHS in some cases. Since we've been married we have had someone living/staying with us the whole time with the exception of about 3-4 months. And of those 3-4 months there has been MAYBE 20 days that we didn't have someone calling us up wanting a ride to or from somewhere or with some off the wall request.
We are at the end of our rope. I have always given my all to my kids- if they need help- I give it. It was the way I was brought up and when THEY were growing up all we had to rely on was each other.(The men I've chosen in the past in my life haven't been the best role-models.) We(me and the kids) always have worked together to get what we wanted and needed. But now they are grown and the concept is still here....I think we all need a bit of independance now. Sure- I will ALWAYS be here for them in their hour of NEED- but they need to stand on their own now- and I need to give my all to my husband.
We have some hopes and dreams that will never come true as long as we stay in the same holding pattern we are in with my family now. So Tuesday is Independance Day. For all of us.

3 comments:

Vicarious Living said...

Hear Hear!

My mom is in a similar situation with her mother, wants to leave but can't. But I worry about her health and stress level, and sometimes you gotta do what's right for you before you completely burn out and are no use to anyone.

We're moving 2 hours away from (closer to) my family. The more I think about it, the more it seems like the perfect distance. No surprise visits, but in case of an emergency it's still doable.

Hope Sunday is as interruption free as possible!

Oh, and I can't BELIEVE you did that with that woman and her cell phone! That's the one you should have thrown in the river!

Sunny said...

Yeah- but had I thrown THAT one in the river I could have been arrested for assault and petty larceny.

BIG HUGE difference.
;-)

She's just lucky it was the cellphone I jerked out of the vehicle instead of HER!

Temper,TEMPER!!!

misty harley said...

Move.

(see that was easy, now I can just convince husband how easy it really is ;O)