Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy 4th Of July Weekend!!!

My 10 favorite Picnic/Cookout foods....

1) Potato Salad cold- with sweet pickles, but not too many.

2)Grilled Burgers with onions minced and mixed in the meat and basted with hickory-smoke BBQ sauce.

3) Grilled Steak- Rib-eye or porterhouse. Rare- grill 30 secons on one side- turn it over and 30 seconds on the other.
if you stick it with a fork and it yells MOOOOO and tries to run away- it's perfect for me. My dad used to say I had to be either a cannibal or a vampire.I agree.

4)Grilled BBQ Chicken breasts

5)Sweet Iced Tea

6)Stuffed Deviled Eggs

7)Apple Pie

8)Coleslaw made with finely grated white cabbage, carrots, onions, mayo salt & pepper

9)Grilled Hot-dogs. But NOT with chili. I like'em grilled on a bun topped with extra sharp cheddar cheese, wrapped in foil and steamed on the grill for about 2 minutes. Then top with equal amounts of mayo & mustard, and add lettuce, tomato, & onion.

10)Home-made ice cream...any flavor but peach.

Unfortunately, I forgot it was the 4th this week and have made no plans to DO any grilling.I am becoming SUCH a SCATTERBRAIN about celebrations.
At least I haven't forgotten my hubbys or my kids birthdays.

So what are YOU doing for the 4th?

1 comment:

OzzyC said...

Mmmmmmm... potato salad.