Friday, September 28, 2007

Who's Ring Is It Anyway????


A Tennessee judge has ruled that a woman must give back the engagement ring if engagement is broken off.

My take......

It depends on the circumstances.

If HE breaks it off for no reason or no foul on her part- then she should get to keep it as a consolation prize, so to speak. It's a broken contract...or a deposit of sorts on the promise of their future together.
If SHE breaks it off for no reason or no foul on HIS part- then she should have to give it back. If she wanted to keep the ring, she should honor the contract/promise.

If he breaks it off because she cheats on him then HE should get it back.
If she breaks it off because he cheats on her- then SHE should get to keep it.
Penalty for breaking the contract on both parts.

Some people argue that in either case he should get the ring back- after all, what girl in her right mind would wear a ring from a man who did her wrong or broke off the engagement?
Well..........
SOME women will wear it on their right hand or on their middle finger on their left hand to remind them to be careful of their choices in men next time. Also- if the woman has spent money on deposits for the wedding already- it could be sold to replace some of the monies she has put out already.
And besides........what man in their right mind would DARE give another woman the ring he intended for another woman if the ring was returned by said other woman........all I can say is- I sincerely HOPE the NEWLY intended doesn't find out it was bought for another woman and then given to HER.

Men of the world, take my advice,.....you just cannot DO that. Especially not to a SOUTHERN AMERICAN woman. Not only will you be at serious risk for losing your manhood the first time you fall asleep, if she actually is stupid enough to stay with you, you will end up paying for it and hearing about it during every single, solitary, argument you have for the rest of your life together.
Why put yourself thru that?
If you do get the ring back from an ex-fiance, don't give it to another female- go sell it and then buy your new love her OWN ring- one that reflects her personality and your love for HER.


And "That's all I got to say about that".........as Forrest would say.

Agree?
Disagree?
Inquiring minds want to know..........well, THIS one does anyway.

2 comments:

lolly said...

I agree it depends on the circumstances....I never gave mine back when I spilt with my ex...but he then I lost it so I didn't exactly gain anything by keeping it!

Anonymous said...

You know what...I'd probably want to keep it,but then I'd be reminded every time I looked at it of that person.So I would most likely end up smashing it to tiny pieces with a hammer. So it's a lose/lose for me. :)