Friday, September 21, 2007

I Do....Again???????


A German politician is lobbying for marriages to automatically expire after 7 years, wherein at that time the couple will either agree to extend the contract for 7 more years or let it dissolve.

I don't LIKE that idea.

That means I would have to be extra NON-annoying all the time lest Paulius remember my bad points and not agree to re-marry me.
On the other hand, I could lobby for him to do more stuff I want him to do that he doesn't particularly LIKE doing....like.......well I can't think of anything specific at the moment but I would have 7 years to come up with something.

On the OTHER hand....he could just not agree to my demands....I mean REQUESTS and not agree to re-marry me.

Nope- I really DON'T like that expiration marriage date idea.

4 comments:

MC Etcher said...

Wow, I don't know... 7 years is a long time. How about 5?

I'm sure the entire wedding supply industry would love it - think of how much more stuff they could sell!

OzzyC said...

I'm with you and Etcher.

Woman atop her Soapbox said...

The divorce lawyers all say hell no to this idea!

There is an expiration date.. isn't there a clause in the marriage vows that says until death parts us.. there you go.

~TG

Anonymous said...

Its been awhile since you wrote, just thought Id tell you I miss reading it and I check everyday Im at work.