Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oops-He Did It Again!!!

I know you guys are probably getting tired of hearing me talk about this subject- but once again.......

Well, the stupid dog did it again...ate ANOTHER pair of my shoes. AND he REALLY messed up yesterday. He chewed thru a cable to the Home Theatre system as well. Paulius has taken over his "training" and as far as I can see there hasn't been much of an improvement.....Barney seems to ignore and annoy him as much as he was ignoring and annoying me. Anyway- Paul beat his arse with the shoe he chewed up and yelled at him about the cable he chewed as well.

Well, at any rate I have exactly TWO pair of shoes left. My work shoes and my sneakers. If he chews either of those pair up he's gone- no ifs ands or Buts and no amount of excuses will keep him here. I don't make enough money to replace all the stuff he is destroying.

Anyway....on to other stuff...

I passed the pre-test that I had to re-take yesterday. Passed it with a 92% score!!
Yay!!!!. And not a MINUTE too soon- the BIG test is on Thursday afternoon at 1:30. So my next two days will consist of :

Tonight(Wed)- studying/reviewing the NEW manual I just got last week. I'll be studying it at WORK tho since tonight and Thursday night are the only nights I'm scheduled to work this week- (ain't THAT a BUMMER!!!!!)

Tomorrow morning I'll come in and sleep til about 11 and then get up and study another hour before I go in to take the Certification Test which will last until 4PM. And I fully intend o take every minute of that time to take that test because it's an open book test and if I fail it I'll have to shell out 80 bucks out of my OWN pocket to re-test. Besides- I only have to pass the certification with a 75% or better score, so as long as I've been in law-enforcement I should be able to get THAT much without the book..........don't ya think?
Anyway, if I don't re-test within 60 days I can't work at the site I work at now and will be transferred to a NON-medical site.
And dammit- I LIKE it where I am now.
Great people- Great hours-Great location-even if it IS 20 miles away from home it's still on the East-side of town and no-one really has to worry about being mugged on the way to their car(mainly because not only is it a nice neighborhood but I accompany almost everyone to their vehicles on my shift).
And then- after he test, I'll probably just go on in to work because I have to be there at 5:30P and by the time I go back home it'll be time to just turn around and go BACK on the road to work anyway. No sense wasting gas(not with it at these prices) and especially no sense in all that driving in Rush hour traffic when I'm halfway to my job at the test site.

I just wish we could get our test scores the day we TAKE the certification test like we did the PRE-test. But no- they have to be mailed off and scored and in a week or so we get notification if we passed or failed. THEN we get our certificate and our pin. Oh- and let's not forget our PAY-RAISE as well!!!!

Anyway..........that's it for today.......have a few things to do and then I'm off to the races(aka work).

Wish me LUCK- I'll need as much as I can get.

1 comment:

Terry Chandler said...

Hey sweetie, I got all my fingers and toes crossed for ya!
You're gonna pass it with flying colors!
Love ya,
T.