Saturday, August 30, 2008

Home Improvements......


Well, here it is my weekend off again and I have a bazillion things I NEED to do instead of the next to nothing I WANT to do.

As I've posted before, I have almost completely re-done our bathroom except for the Tub and Sink.....There's only ONE more project I want to get done in there this month before my in-laws come over but that's about it for the bath. It LOOKS much more spacious than it did before, so I'm happy with the overall look in there now.
I just want to replace the tiny mirror with the light fixture attached to it to a large framed mirror and have the light fixture moved to hang above the mirror. Not a BIG job- just a kind of tedious one with no window giving light to the bathroom. Yeah- no window. I'll have to get my son, Frank, or my Brother, Chuck, to come help me with that one.

Anyway, I also want to paint my 40 foot main hallway and then put my Photo Gallery in there on the long blank wall. That spot just SCREAMS for attention....always has but until recently I haven't been able to figure out quite what to do with it!
Yeah- That was quite a feat because I ALWAYS know what to do with odd spots like that. I'm only one credit away from having a degree in Interior Design.....and that's just because I DETEST knowing the antiques...they BORE me to TEARS and my mind just won't retain the info long enough for me to get that one measly credit! So I suppose I'll have to settle for the Interior Decorator Certification instead. Eh, no matter- I only use it for my personal use and to help relatives figure out their decorating problems anyway, so no biggie....It just really bugs me to have something NOT completed. You know?

I also want to re-seal around my kitchen sink, as well. I think I'll get that done just before bedtime one night so it can cure overnight while we sleep. No moisture can get to it until its completely dry/cured so it probably needs to be done while we sleep, don't ya think?

I have the fridge to clean- I haven't done that in a couple months so it needs a really good cleaning this month. And I want to clean the carpets in the house, too. That's gonna be a big job. The carpet needs replacing actually- but the idiot who put the carpet down GLUED it down with some industrial strength glue so it won't be coming up for about another 4 years. So now you see why I have such a hissy-fit when the dogs have accidents on the carpets. It's a major deal with me. M-A-J-O-R!

As for anything else- I'm not planning on much else to do before the parents come over. Just work and try and make as much money as I possibly can so we can DO stuff with them when they come over. I have quite a few days off while they're here so we'll be able to do what-ever or go where-ever we want.


I also have to finish making their Christmas Gift for them.....I'm about 5 days away from having it done- altho I'm thinking that if I put my mind to it and put off the other projects I need to do til my NEXT long weekend, I can probably finish it THIS weekend. That would be a LOAD off my mind.

On the upside, I've had several people express interest in getting me to make them one -(An Afghan)- as well. They see me working on the in-laws at work in between duties and on my breaks and LOVE it. I also have had an interest in my cakes I've been bringing to work. I have an order in for a Lemon cake for next Friday so maybe this will all develop into some extra income for me and I can forget about working a part time job for someone else. I can do my OWN thing!!!

Anyway, time for me to finish cleaning my kitchen..........so Later Gators!!!

No comments: