Thursday, September 11, 2008

Special Day For Me & Teddy Bear.


Today was a VERY special day for me.

My Eldest Grandson, Teddy Justin,(aka Teddy Bear) called me a couple days ago and and asked me to come have lunch with him at his school today.
So I joined my little man at his elementary school to have a meal with him and his classmates and THEIR Grandparents.
I got there at 11:30 as planned and waited out in the hallway with all the other grandparents.

The drill was- you stand in the hallway outside the cafeteria and when your child came by, you joined them in line. Well, I stood there and stood there as the kids filed past. After about 10 minutes, T.J. came OUT of the cafeteria and stood for a moment looking around, and when he spied me standing there, came over and took me by the hand, gave a great Dramatic sigh(Don't know WHERE He gets THAT from) and said very sweetly"Come on, Nana Vada- this way..." and led me back to his spot in line holding my hand all the while. I couldn't help but smile a bit.

I must becoming a bit senile in my old age to have missed him in his bright lime green shirt as he went by, but luckily for me he TRUSTED I was coming and he came and rescued me from the hallway- otherwise I might have been there WEEKS from now...lost and alone, starving and smelling because I was still waiting on my grandson whom I had missed in the chaos.

Anyway, he went in line in front of me to show me the ropes of how his school works, and so I had the same lunch he did. Baked Ziti(Very YUMMY) a breadstick, A portion of white grapes, and 2% milk. I was pleasantly surprised that TJ had made such a varied selection of food.
So as a treat I bought him an ice-cream- a fudgecicle if I remember correctly. And Bless his heart- let me TELL you the ORDER he ate them in.

Opened his milk, took a sip, then proceeded to eat his portion of grapes- one at a time- til they were all gone. Then he took a couple bites of his Ziti and and breadstick. Then he opened his fudgecicle and ate it very slowly and enjoyed it immensely. Then a sip of milk. Then he ate some more of his ziti and breadstick and almost finished it all before the teacher said it was time they left. He drank the rest of his milk as he led the way to put our trays away.
Then he gave me a HUGE bear hug and told me "Thank you for coming to have lunch with me" and he walked back to his class with a huge smile on his face.

I had to laugh....I kept giving him hugs and little kisses on the top of his head while we were eating and the little guy didn't complain the first time. After a couple-three times I realised what I was doing and I leaned over and whispered..."I'm sorry sweetie- it's embarrassing to have your Nana kiss you in front of your friends, huh?" and he just looked at me with those big huge brown eyes and smiled and said..."Nah, all grandparents do it- It's okay Nana Vada." And then he kissed me back on the cheek and gave me a hug.

I wanted to cry it was so sweet.
I adore my little guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy! You're so lucky to have so many wonderful children and grandchildren in your life, Sunny. I'm sure TJ will remember this day forever.

Hugs,
L

Anonymous said...

Awww, how sweet.

Kelly said...

That is adoreable!

I've tried calling you a couple of times recently but no answer. Everything ok?

Anonymous said...

Thats adorable Vada. He can be a little charmer when he wants to. However you need to be more carful next time and not get lost next time. What would you have done w/o him to guide you? :)