Sunday, September 28, 2008

Having a Blast!!!


Well, our visit with The Parents is a bit over half gone. I'm not looking forward to them leaving on Friday- we're having an absolute BLAST!

We haven't got to go on any day-trips like we had originally planned, my car has decided to be a bit finicky all of the sudden- but we HAVE done some local "Southern" type things.

You know- the things like going to Wal-Mart, and hanging at the mall, and trying out some of the local cuisine .
Last night had a cookout with all the kids and Grands attending and was THAT a lot of fun too!!Altho, it looked like it was going to rain, therefore giving us pause to cook the hot-dogs INSIDE instead of on the grill outside, afterward the guys(Paul, Glenn, Frank, Devon and Nicholas) all built a fire in the fire-pit and toasted Marshmallows.
Julie and Eddie and their brood of boys had to leave early- Julie has been a bit under the weather and wanted to go home and put the kids to bed at their regular bedtime so she could relax, and Kathy left a bit early as well because CJ was getting a bit cranky needing his nap and he doesn't like any bed but his own.
But we STILL had a GRAND time having dinner together and visiting.

I think Joan and Glenn enjoyed it as well and we all were ready for bed by the time the kids were all back home and we had the house to ourselves again.
It almost seemed too quiet.

I got quite the kick from our Nicholas(age 2) who insisted on calling Joan "Nanny" halfway thru the visit. I'm not sure she's ready for that honorary title just yet!
Regardless tho, it's hers now that Nicholas' has given it to her. He doesn't give people titles lightly, believe me. He WAS in a good mood yesterday tho...after his nap. He was hugging everyone and giving everyone kisses and just a happy smiling little boy! JUST the way I like 'em.
:-)

Of course you know I HAD to send them home with a bit of chocolate too.

You know Grandma's Motto:
Squeeze 'em Up,
Sugar 'em Up,
and Send 'em on Home.

Well, anyway,
Tonight Paul, Glenn, Joan and myself are going out to dinner at Kanpai Of Tokyo a wonderful Japanese restaurant where the chefs come out and cook hibachi style at the table. You're usually seated with a few strangers, (unless you book a big party) and it's a really good show if you get one of the chefs who likes to showboat a bit!

Last time Paul and I went there was our Wedding Rehearsal night when my BFF, Lois, and her hubby Brother Bob, came up from Florida for our wedding(for the SECOND time) and treated us to dinner there.
It was one of the best times I ever had.
As a matter of fact- two of the three most memorable dinners I have had have been there!!
One was a few years ago when I treated my Dad(Mom couldn't make it that night as she was feeling a bit under the weather) and all my kids to dinner there, one was our aforementioned wedding rehearsal dinner, and the other was at a lovely place called the City Range Grill where Paul and I went the night before he flew back to England on his first visit to America.

Anyway- we're going there tonight and I know we'll have a memorable dinner with them as well! We hope to be able to go to a park or maybe downtown before they leave and maybe get my BFF "Seacat" to take some pics for us. She's the one who did the "Sisters" photo-shoot for us and everyone LOVES those photos.

Anyway, we just had a big Sunday Southern Breakfast and while it was settling I thought I'd write a quick post and let everyone know we're just having a wonderful time visiting with Joan and Glenn.

Hope all YOU guys are having a wonderful week, too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a wonderful dinner at Kanpai, complete with a show boating chef.

PS: Don't forget that your BFF Terry was with us that night too! It was a terrific dinner ... :)

Terry Chandler said...

Yes it was a terrific dinner, and I hope this one was equally memorable! Glad you are all having a great visit.

TC

Seacat said...

Glad to hear you're having such a great visit!! As for the pics, I'd be happy to do those for you! I'm off Mon-Tues-Wed night, and I believe that the only day your off is Wed....? I was downtown Sat night and got some great night pics!! (see my blog). Call or e-mail & let me know what you'd like to do.
C