Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Alternate Menu.....

Both Kelly and Evan 08 had great ideas.... THANKS GUYS!!!!

I LOVE the idea of Venison or Pheasant for Thanksgiving!!!
Duck would be a good choice as well, but the meat is a bit rich and heavy for my taste.

Since deer is a bit hard to come by around my part of the country(unless you're willing to pay thru the nose or know someone who hunts and has an abundance of it) I'm thinking that maybe a big stuffed pork or beef roast would do the trick nicely.

I would have Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Mac & Cheese Pie, Candied Sweet Potatoes, and Dinner Rolls for Side Dishes, Southern Pecan Pie for dessert and Coffee and Iced Sweet Tea for beverages. Simple and Elegant.

And yes- I'm SERIOUSLY considering NOT doing Turkey this year for Thanksgiving.....I know it's horribly UN-American to even think about it- but every year since Paul has been here with me- we have had Turkey and the trimmings for Thanksgiving and then we've had Christmas Morning Brunch instead of a formal Christmas Dinner. Not ONCE have we had HIS traditional Christmas Dinner of Turkey and such.
So this year, since we'll be doing Christmas EVE instead of Christmas DAY festivities, I'm thinking to do his Turkey dinner.

I'm going to have to get his mum to send me an idea of what a traditional Christmas Turkey Dinner IS over there tho. Otherwise it'll just be Thanksgiving Dinner on Christmas Eve!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Get Paul to fix Chicken-bacon stuff...) JK :)
Sounds good, I HATE turkey, i always fill my plate with veggies.Of which there is an abundance, so no complaints here. It would be great for me though. My vote is with roast b/c leftover roast is AWESOME!!! I will sincerely miss christmas bruch though :(

Sunny said...

Oh if he only WOULD make that for our Thanksgiving Day dinner!!!

That's a GREAT, SUPER, FANTASTIC Idea, Goo!!!!

Maybe we could broach that subject with Paul this weekend..........

But I thought you didn't like CHICKEN either since your earlier employment with the Colonel?!?!

Anonymous said...

Ah I see why you thought I dont like chicken...No its just fried chicken I cant eat, or smell, or look at anymore. But most other forms of chicken are great...tereyki,bacon,lemon-pepper,MMMmmm....