Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Little Things.......

Nope not the song...altho it's one KICK-ASS song that I listen to on a regular basis......
No, I was listening to the radio this morning on the way in from work- as usual- and the talk show host was talking with an author who wrote a book on- HUGE SURPRISE- Male/Female Relationships.
Well there was a lot of stuff he said that made perfect sense and he was smart enough to be pitching/gearing it to the female audience who are much more apt to buy a book on how to "fix" a relationship than a guy is.
Anyway- I digress....
The one thing he talked about that made perfect sense and seemed a logical and correct place to start was to talk about "The Little Things".
The everyday things that we deal with and the traditions that we grew up with.
Those are the things that really get to us and that we need to find compromises for or solutions to rather than the BIG ISSUES that everyone seems to think are "deal-breakers".
The every day routine stuff is actually more of a deal-maker/breaker than the big issues ever would be....with the sole exception of infidelity.
And honestly- I agree.

I got lucky in the fact that my husband chooses to compromise on the little things. Every single day. And I thank God for it. I know what a Blessing it is to have someone in my life that is willing to compromise- or in some cases, not compromise a bit- but just give me my way entirely when he realizes it means so much more to me than it does to him.

In my opinion, the trick to making a relationship work, tho, is to ask yourself this question.....
If I am lucky enough to have someone who loves me enough to compromise(or just give in to me, in certain cases), am I JUST as willing to do the same for them?

If the answer is no- then me thinks you should really probably re-think the relationship cause that ain't Love.

No comments: