Monday, November 05, 2007

CONTINUATION..........I AM SOOOO Mad!!!!

OZZY-Paulius WAS here with him all night so he has access to the entire house when we are with him- no worries there. If we leave to go out- we either put him in his room and close the door- or he goes out on his run, if the weather permits. He's not left alone in the house with free run of it if we aren't here.
Read on.........

Saffy- He only chews stuff like that when I'm gone and Pauli is busy doing something else(ie not paying him any attention).

I'm thinking it may be separation anxiety, maybe?

He knows WE are the Alpha Dogs in this pack- altho lately he HAS been trying to establish dominance in the usual adolesence ways.....remember a few weeks ago for a few days -when he took that snapping/growling attitude with Pauli? And, lately, every time I put that red robe on he is trying to plant his nose in my lap or trying to hump my leg.....Really annoying I can tell you.

I guess it's just time for some more intense training so he KNOWS that chewing is NOT acceptable behavior altho I'm not sure how to go about more intense training. I do it the way the trainers say now.
:-P

5 comments:

OzzyC said...

{Paulius is gonna be pissed at me for this one} As an alpha dog who is present, it was his job to make sure the dog wasn't overstepping his bounds. Sorry, if you're gonna be pissed at someone for your robe being turned into swiss cheese, blame your loving hubby.

Paulius said...

Ok, ok it was my fault...I should have been paying attention. It was dark, ok?

In my defense, Buddy isn't the kind of dog that ATTACKS things, he'll just sit quietly and chew.

I think it's a problem with the way we trained him. Usually the only things on the floor are his toys...so he assumes anything down there is fair game...and SOMEONE left their robe on the floor.

OzzyC said...

...and SOMEONE left their robe on the floor...

Damn... the blame is getting passed faster than a hot potato. :)

Sunny said...

No "someone " freaking DIDN'T!! "Someone" left their robe on/at the desk chair and someone "ELSE" moved it to the back of the living room chair where it slid off onto the floor for Muttso to drag off and assume it was his to chew on!!
So yes, technically Alpha Dog "Else" IS to blame.
(Sorry sweetie).......BUT.....

(S'ok- I was ready for a new one anyway, but couldn't justify buying a new one just because that one was 10 years old. Problem solved!)
SHOPPING TRIP!!!!!

See- there IS a Silver Lining to almost every situation.
;-)

lolly said...

Does a robe really belong on a desk chair? Or on the back of the bedroom or bathroom door? *ducks and hides*